The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora

Go Back   The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora > Off-Topic
Register MWR Homepage MWR New Stuff for Sale MWR Maratac ZULU Straps Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic Welcome to the BroadArrow Off-Topic. This is where MWRines can talk about off-topic issues that are not appropriate for the Main Forum. Here, you are free to talk about *almost* anything, however, the discussion must remain civil, and free from attacks against race, ethnicity, religion, and gender. Once again, there is a zero tolerance policy for rudeness and personal attacks. Acceptable topics include, but are not limited to cool gadgets, food, guns, cars, knives, tactics,etc. Unacceptable topics include personal attacks, and defamation of personal beliefs and opinions. Opinions expressed here are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the management. Postings deemed to be in poor taste or in violation of these rules may be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Postings which may contain images and/or content deemed inappropriate for the workplace shall be marked [NWS] (Not Work Safe) in the subject line. Postings that promote/advocate criminal activity will be removed and the users banned. Contact: admin@broadarrow.net

Old 02-17-2011, 18:43   #1
Bill58

Bill58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nazi boots on eBay?--OT

I'm not into this stuff, but found them looking for old cowboy boots: http://cgi.ebay.com/SS-Nazi-Officers...item2c5adb559a

I thought eBay had a no-Nazi stuff policy. Am I wrong, have they relaxed the policy, or are the censors just asleep?
Bill58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 20:32   #2
lambstew

lambstew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I believe the policy emphasis is on items containing the Nazi emblem..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill58 View Post
I'm not into this stuff, but found them looking for old cowboy boots: http://cgi.ebay.com/SS-Nazi-Officers...item2c5adb559a

I thought eBay had a no-Nazi stuff policy. Am I wrong, have they relaxed the policy, or are the censors just asleep?
See here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/offensive.html

..equipment & some items of clothing such as boots etc were often shared inter-services items. The regular German army also had cavalry units and the boots would have been a similar cut if not identical..
lambstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:47   #3
nepman

nepman is an unknown quantity at this point

EBay is also legendary for the arbitrary, incomprehensible, and inconsistent way they enforce that policy.

Ex-girlfriend's brother sold comics for a living. EBay WOULDN'T let him sell Art Spiegelman's "MAUS", hardly a pro-Nazi writing, because showed a Swastika on the cover. No amount of explanation and links to reviews could persuade the EBay niceness cops otherwise.
nepman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:40   #4
DaveH

DaveH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ebay is great for dictating policy

and then hiding behind their firewalls while it is ignored and abused. They are the best example I've seen of how NOT to run a company and are only successful because they got there first with the idea. Pretentious, dictatorial and irrational while refusing to hear the opinions of the unwashed masses who pay them. I hate Ebay and will tell them so at every opportunity. They encourage and reward fraud with their mindless feedback policies.
DaveH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 14:49   #5
lysander

lysander is a member of MWR in good standing

It seems the swastika is the big no-no.

If it shows up in the image, they pull it. Try selling old 45th Inf Div patches or other native American (especially old Hopi) stuff with a left facing symbol.....
lysander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 18:14   #6
nepman

nepman is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, my Grandfather, who died long before I was born, was in the 45th 1917-19. Medical.
nepman is online now   Reply With Quote