The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora

Go Back   The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora > Main Forum
Register MWR Homepage MWR New Stuff for Sale MWR Maratac ZULU Straps Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Forum This is the site for enthusiasts of military timepieces. All discussions related to military timepieces, and watches in general are welcome. While discussing non-issued watches and homage watches is permissible, misrepresentations and/or false claims of military provenance will not be tolerated. Secondly misrepresenting oneself as either a disinterested party or posting with a secondary or ulterior agenda (i.e. shilling) will not be acceptable. Please post your own personal watches for sale on the PX (not here.) Links to watches for sale are permissable as long as they are for discussion purposes. Links to fake and counterfeit watch sites are prohibited. While not mandatory, images of guns, knives, and Ninja spikes in conjunction with your watches are highly encouraged. There is a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for rude and inconsiderate behavior. Opinions expressed here are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the management. Any submissions to this site remain the property of the original author/contributor. Anonymous or inconsiderate postings may be deleted at the discretion of a moderator. Contact: admin@broadarrow.net

Old 04-13-2012, 00:09   #1
awaba

awaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beware trusting watch deliveries to UPS. A gold rolex has been delivered by them to someone - not me (the intended recipient) - and not at my address!!!!!!!!!!!!

awaba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:04   #2
at2011

at2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear that. I thought UPS was one of the more reliable companies. This canteen watch I bought off a Canadian fellow got stolen in a USPS sorting facility on its last stop to my place...

With all pun intended, at least your watch got delivered!
at2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 16:41   #3
Chris in Melbourne

Chris in Melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bugger!

I hope you get it back!

Kind regards

Chris in Melbourne
Chris in Melbourne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 17:08   #4
awaba

Well, I contacted UPS yesterday when they emailed me to say they had delivered to me!!! I was told they would get back to me in 24 hours. They are closed all weekend - so no hope of that happening. So the person who signed for it has all weekend to get rid of the watch.
AND - living in a fairly small town north of Melbourne - I looked at our local phone book for the person UPS said signed for it - no listing. grrrrrr
The worst part - it was a birthday gift for my wife.
No.... the worst part would probably be my choosing of UPS over the post. Live and learn I guess. But I am kicking myself for changing my delivery pattern in the hope of an early delivery.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:08   #5
Flightpath

Flightpath is a member of MWR in good standing

Hi,

sorry to hear that, I'm sure things will work out o/k, the driver should have checked that the address was good and the person signing was correct......

I guess they will check with the driver on monday, I know that this would drive me nuts too (I'd probably be on the steps of the UPS office on monday morning when they got to work!).

From an ex-Melbourne watch nutter.... (Greensborough, Diamond Creek, Lilydale and Ringwood).

cheers,

-John
Old 04-15-2012, 22:19   #6
awaba

it appears the delivery driver took it to the Post Office but never made note of it. I am off there soon to grab it and call it "my precious!"

Old 05-03-2012, 11:37   #7
Flightpath

Flightpath is a member of MWR in good standing

So awaba, did you get your precious at the PO?

-John
Old 05-03-2012, 11:56   #8
bpc

bpc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default same problem, but with USPS

I'm having the same problem right now too, but with USPS - showing "Delivered" online, but no watch in my mailbox. I have a investigation ticket started, so hopefully they'll figure it out in a day or two.

It's definitely frustrating.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote