Thread: MKII Proto Seamaster 300

Default MKII Proto Seamaster 300

Dear Friends,

After visiting Mr. Yao´s site and giving it a more thorough examination, I came to realise that there is a project called "Proto Seamaster 300" that was the object of a survey, one that has ended some time ago. Does anyone have any photo of this project?
    I am very much interested.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Luso

Order of the Royal Turkey Guarded by Canines Recumbent with Oak Leaf Cluster bjp's Avatar

I think that one's still a ways down the road. Bill's got so many irons in so many fires that I don't see how he keeps it all going (but he does, and quite well at that).

Have you checked the "blog" section of his website? He generally gives updates there, but I don't think he has time to update it too frequently.

-ben

Quote Originally Posted by bjp View Post
    I think that one's still a ways down the road. Bill's got so many irons in so many fires that I don't see how he keeps it all going (but he does, and quite well at that).

Have you checked the "blog" section of his website? He generally gives updates there, but I don't think he has time to update it too frequently.

-ben
    Yes, I did but nothing. It is a pitty: I would love to see what he has in mind. He has very good taste and his homages can stand on their own. IMO, he is the best "homageur" out there. He makes them practical. But the time he takes...

Thank you once more. But to be honest and to the point, I am looking for an image, a photo...

Default Between thought and expression...

"Between thought and expression, there lasts a lifetime..."

-- Lou Reed

Between the idea
    And the reality
    Between the motion
    And the act
    Falls the shadow

-T S Elliot "The Hollow Men"

Unless someone saved the picture from his survey, I think you are out of luck. I only saved a picture of the Bond homage. Sorry. But, you could always e-mail him for a picture. Of course, he's very busy, but in my experience he does eventually respond.

DG

Default Thanks for your interest in the project...

based on the survey that was done there isn't enough interest/support in the project at the moment. I am going to see if I can develop the project further on the new Mk II forum that will be launched on WUS in a few days. This will be a longer term project.

The homage to the "Bond Submariner" is going forward and that will be the first topic of the new forum.

I continue to be indebted to my customers and supporters for their patience with me. I guess I invest too much of myself into my projects and the watches that I build. I can't bring myself to delegate the design work to my suppliers or like others to just copy the watches that my work pays homage to. I am sure the work that I do could be done faster but I don't think it can be done better

Bill, what about the Tornek-Rayville watch, is it still alive, or also shelved? I think I'd also like that as an eventual addition to my watch horde. Of course that is EVENTUAL, between the LRRP and the "Kingston", I have to balance the watch budget.
    John

Default The TR-900 homage is still on....

Quote Originally Posted by JDS (Ohio) View Post
    Bill, what about the Tornek-Rayville watch, is it still alive, or also shelved? I think I'd also like that as an eventual addition to my watch horde. Of course that is EVENTUAL, between the LRRP and the "Kingston", I have to balance the watch budget.
    I just finished the dial which will go into production next week. I also finally found a manufacturer to make the acrylic inserts for me rather than my having to finish them myself. I will have all the parts by late Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao View Post
    I just finished the dial which will go into production next week. I also finally found a manufacturer to make the acrylic inserts for me rather than my having to finish them myself. I will have all the parts by late Spring.
    Yet another to save for.
    John