The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora

Go Back   The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora > Main Forum
Register MWR Homepage MWR New Stuff for Sale MWR Maratac ZULU Straps Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Forum This is the site for enthusiasts of military timepieces. All discussions related to military timepieces, and watches in general are welcome. While discussing non-issued watches and homage watches is permissible, misrepresentations and/or false claims of military provenance will not be tolerated. Secondly misrepresenting oneself as either a disinterested party or posting with a secondary or ulterior agenda (i.e. shilling) will not be acceptable. Please post your own personal watches for sale on the PX (not here.) Links to watches for sale are permissable as long as they are for discussion purposes. Links to fake and counterfeit watch sites are prohibited. While not mandatory, images of guns, knives, and Ninja spikes in conjunction with your watches are highly encouraged. There is a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for rude and inconsiderate behavior. Opinions expressed here are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the management. Any submissions to this site remain the property of the original author/contributor. Anonymous or inconsiderate postings may be deleted at the discretion of a moderator. Contact: admin@broadarrow.net

Old 04-01-2007, 08:27   #1
karmatp

karmatp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Precista PRS-53

Hello gents, happy april fool day. I am curious, I now some of you have one of these and I was wondering how you like them. They seem like a great everyday kind "beater" watch that wont make you shead a tear if it gets a scratch on it. I love wearing a nice issued mil watch, but the paranoia of dinging it or putting a scratch across the crystal sometimes give my nightmares. Anyway, they do have a nice military look, take care....Trevor

karmatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:06   #2
CR.

CR. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Prs-53...

The company that produces this watch isn't always
a favourite on this board (for reasons buried by history),
but if you want a mil-style WWW homage you can't wrong.
I wear my manual wind PRS-53 as a knock-about and I
don't care about what it goes through; meanwhile my
real WWWs / 6Bs / W-10s are safely tucked away. There's an exhaustive review here:
http://www.watcharama.com/prs53.htm

CR. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 13:47   #3
karmatp

karmatp is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I'm kinda looking for, something I'm not scared to wear. I wear my Smiths W10 and some of my WWW's all the time and, I'm partial to my smiths though, I love it.

My smiths with a old friend

Oh, by the way....I want your Hamilton 6b sooooooo bad, why can't I find one in great condition like that.

Neil at chronomaster.uk sold this one and I wish and I wish and I wish it was mine....

karmatp is offline   Reply With Quote