The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora

Go Back   The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora > Main Forum
Register MWR Homepage MWR New Stuff for Sale MWR Maratac ZULU Straps Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Forum This is the site for enthusiasts of military timepieces. All discussions related to military timepieces, and watches in general are welcome. While discussing non-issued watches and homage watches is permissible, misrepresentations and/or false claims of military provenance will not be tolerated. Secondly misrepresenting oneself as either a disinterested party or posting with a secondary or ulterior agenda (i.e. shilling) will not be acceptable. Please post your own personal watches for sale on the PX (not here.) Links to watches for sale are permissable as long as they are for discussion purposes. Links to fake and counterfeit watch sites are prohibited. While not mandatory, images of guns, knives, and Ninja spikes in conjunction with your watches are highly encouraged. There is a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for rude and inconsiderate behavior. Opinions expressed here are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the management. Any submissions to this site remain the property of the original author/contributor. Anonymous or inconsiderate postings may be deleted at the discretion of a moderator. Contact: admin@broadarrow.net

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 18:31   #21
seajake

seajake is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I do have photos but the watch has been sold, what is it with you guys? I just wanted to know the value of the watch, I bought it years ago in NewEngland from someone that did not know the value either,, It has never been for sale before this year actually before 3 months ago. What is wrong to selling to the highest bidder? I did post it on many forums, that is called sales.. Thank to all those that helped me get a good price for this watch. As far as those that are calling me and my watch a fake, I really have no comment, this will be my last posting,,
Old 09-25-2007, 20:08   #22
seajake

what are you talking about? i cannot offer my watch for sale on different forums? i am trying to get a true value for it, i was told it was worth 3k and now on this forum up to 20k, what is the big deal of trying to find the value so i won't get ripped off. the watch is sold, to one guy.. i thank all of you that helped me find the value of this watch, the others that slandered me.. w t f?
Old 09-25-2007, 20:23   #23
Billy

Billy trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all repute

Perhaps you should bring this up with the two members here that have sent you deposits.

Billy
Old 09-25-2007, 20:24   #24
BrianDumais

BrianDumais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This guy email me this morning

He email me this morning:

BRIAN IF YOU TELL ME WHAT YOUR BEST PRICE IS I MIGHT JUST TAKE A TRIP TO BOSTON TO SEE MY FAMILY, IF YOU GIVE THE RIGHT PRICE, IF THE WATCH IS ALL ORIGINAL AND YOUR HAPPY WITH THE MOVEMENT AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD.

JUST TELL ME YOUR TOP OFFER, I WAS OFFERED 10900 FROM SOME FBI GUY FROM FLORIDA WHO YOU'VE PROBABLY HEARD OF THROUGH ONE OF THOSE FORUMS

BUT I COULD NOT MEET WITH HIM.. SO PLEASE JUST TELL ME YOUR TOP OFFER

Than i made him an offer providing i could see the watch in person and this was his reply:

All I wanted was a fair price from you, I went on some forum and had plenty of help now I know the right price, will sell it here in Asia.

Tell your buddies on that watch forum to get a life, the wach is real and all I was doing was trying to get a fair price, that is why I went on a lot of different avenues.

This guy is so full of crap! Let hope he keeps his promise and keeps away. Brian
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00   #25
janice&fred

janice&fred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default somethings fishy...we're in cebu city philippines--->

and there are quite a few of these watches here in cebu, but none are for sale. if one were for sale, either in cebu or anywhere else in the philippines, i would know, or at the very least, janice's Godfather would know about it...no doubt. if this guy who claims to live in the philippines was savvy enough to find MWR, then he would also have been savvy enough to at least attempt to sell it first within the philippine watch community and thus we or janice's family, or someone within the close-knit philippine watch community would have already heard of his watch for sale, providing it was indeed for sale, which i personally doubt.

this watch in question could not possibly be from cebu, but may be from another area of the philippines. if so it is no problem for us to find the guy as we are always travelling the islands here and are in contact with friends and watch dealers in all parts of this country. if 2 fellow members here sent deposits to some newbie non-known dude, contact us as we can try to trace the guy down. hard to believe no one here tried to contact us before they got burned...if there is a next time, then members here should contact me and janice to verify and oversee a philippines deal so no one gets ripped off.

there are ALOT of these tornek watches here thruout the philippine islands still owned by expats. where in the philippines is this guy claiming to be from? can someone post a link to the ebay.ph auction? i have a feeling the watch is probably here in the philippines but was never really for sale...someone was trying to cash in. either the guy is the owner of the watch, or he snapped some pics of his expat buddie's watch. the writing style of this guy's posts is definately American - not Pinoy...i know the difference.

this place can be tropical paradise, but in some areas it is like the "wild west". there are alot of real nice expats here, but there are also alot, and i mean ALOT of American Vietnam era and post Vietnam era expats here that look, live and behave like meth-crazed bikers, and many are indeed California Hell's Angels, wearing colors and all...not exactly the type of guys to be trusted. in our garage we still have an old Hell's Angels sweatshirt some American maniac took off and threw on the ground as he was preparing for a street fight with a gang of fellow drunks ouside a pok-pok bar here in cebu city.

unfortunately quite a few of these special forces watches are still owned by these ex special forces-now maniac guys. sounds like that is the case with this particular watch.

hope all turns out well, and contact us if we can lend a hand...janice's Godfather knows all the right people to get things done.

fred
cebu city philippines
Old 09-26-2007, 05:58   #26
Tim(PMWF)

Tim(PMWF) is a member of MWR

Might as well post it, it is ended auction anyways:

http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=190153090319

Tim
Old 09-26-2007, 17:54   #27
seajake

Hi I am the owner of the watch, I got the watch in the states, if you want to see a photo email me at riggillo@yahoo.com the watch is sold already and the one other party that left a deposit is getting it back, if I had known there was a watch community in the Philippines I would have sold it here, but now it is too late. I am not a watch guy, if you want to know the story behind this watch contact me directly. I was in the Navy but that is not where I got this watch. I live on Palawan and sometimes Boracay if you want to know.
Take care, Bob
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55   #28
Chris Hooper

Chris Hooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TR 900, Ser. No. 1027

Seller has asked that I post a retraction and has made it a condition of his returning my deposit he received for the subject watch.

My above post was meant to be a warning that I had placed and owner/seller had received a deposit on the subject timepiece. After the posting asking for the value and finding the same piece listed on an auction site, I became suspicious. I could not get hold of seller (either by phone or mail) and had not heard from him in a number of days. I then received credible information that another buyer had paid for or placed a deposit on the same watch also. Immediately, I wondered how many other people were paying for the same watch and why seller was taking multiple deposits on one watch? I also wanted to secure my deposit at the very least by publicly announcing it was there.

This is why I posted the warning.

My above posting in no way was intended to malign any individual.

The seller has stated he is not a thief and will return deposit money and watches that were sent to him as a deposit. He has also been asked to cover actual wire transfer and shipping fees.

I've incurred a lot of time, money and aggravation on this situation
while trying to prepare to go on holiday with my wife, one that we both deserve. I don't need this BS.

I will post a follow-up once my deposit is returned in full.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:03   #29
watchyouwant
Banned

watchyouwant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default there should be NO condition, never ever and under no circumstances.....

on a return of a deposit for an item, that was not purchased ! no bob in the philippines, no jim in australia, no jake in the USA, no heinz in europe....it is perfectly legit to find out the maximum prize for a rare watch.( there were a few unrealistic values thrown around on the various forums; that did not help) it becomes a problem, when the seller takes multiple deposits without telling everybody involved. and it moves into fishy territory, when conditions are attached to the return of the deposits ! if that little bit of trust, that we all need to live, is removed by actions like this one, then big damage is done. then it´s time, to call in the local cavalry. and MWR has a proven record to do so. i´m disgusted by that behaviour. kind regards from australia. achim
Old 09-27-2007, 07:41   #30
BrianDumais

BrianDumais is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please no more post!

Robert has promised to return the depost paid. I feel very confident that all funds and watches will be returned to the original owner. I would kindly ask no more reply’s until things get worked out. We want our MWR member to get what is rightfully his. If anyone has a question please email me at nhbarn@comcast.net Thanks Brian
Old 09-27-2007, 15:43   #31
janice&fred

Default as if...

funny thing, as members are now doing about-faces and glowingly referring to the guy as "robert", he is contacing us to get our price for the watch, as we are in the philippines. we won't respond to him or play the game, but we cant say the same for some here.

anyone remember that old movie "it's a mad mad mad world" from the 60's?

good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDumais View Post
Robert has promised to return the depost paid. I feel very confident that all funds and watches will be returned to the original owner. I would kindly ask no more reply’s until things get worked out. We want our MWR member to get what is rightfully his. If anyone has a question please email me at nhbarn@comcast.net Thanks Brian
Old 09-27-2007, 18:25   #32
seajake

Read your post, Fred I am not or was not trying to sell my watch to you, is it sold, I was merely asking what I could get for that watch here in the Philippines, if you emailed me before you jumped you would have known that I have a friend(also named Fred) from San Diego that also has a watch and he is moving to Boracay next year, he was curious as to the pricing here vs the USA, I was doing him a favor,, so fast to convict??? Didn't you think I knew you would post this, I have nothing to hide.. Salamat Po
Old 09-27-2007, 18:33   #33
Billy

Billy trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all reputeBilly trust this MWRine with your life. Reputation beyond all repute

I find it strange you had agreed to sell to two different people - that was what both members here had agreed to (or what they thought they had agreed to). I've never heard of anyone taking $500 and a number of watches as a "deposit" for some private auction ? If there was any misunderstanding it was of your own making - not those who trusted you with money and goods ... Just my .02c

Regards,

Billy
Old 09-27-2007, 18:51   #34
janice&fred

Default Salamat Po?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajake View Post
Read your post, Fred I am not or was not trying to sell my watch to you, is it sold, I was merely asking what I could get for that watch here in the Philippines, if you emailed me before you jumped you would have known that I have a friend(also named Fred) from San Diego that also has a watch and he is moving to Boracay next year, he was curious as to the pricing here vs the USA, I was doing him a favor,, so fast to convict??? Didn't you think I knew you would post this, I have nothing to hide.. Salamat Po
Kasabot ka ane nga inisturyahan?
Wala ko ni e mail nimu tungod kay bakakun kang daku. Kawatan ka ug nagduwaduwa ra ka. Repane sa kwarta ang mga nipalit sa relo, ug ayaw na pagsamuksamuka namu tanan.
Old 09-28-2007, 17:32   #35
seajake

Guys, (Fred and Janice) I am American I do not speak fluent Tagalog.. Don't understand your message. Just as well , I suspect

Take care, B
Old 02-28-2012, 20:32   #36
janice&fred

Default notice and a warning...

this watch is still being offered for sale and we caught this guy out again yesterday trying to hawk this and other watches here locally.

word of warning to the MWR member supposedly coming from HK today to complete the TR900 deal: you better be lawyered up real good as there are alot of pissed off philippine international watch dealers and collectors ready to pounce...
Old 03-27-2012, 04:06   #37
seajake

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice&fred View Post
this watch is still being offered for sale and we caught this guy out again yesterday trying to hawk this and other watches here locally.

word of warning to the MWR member supposedly coming from HK today to complete the TR900 deal: you better be lesawyered up real good as there are alot of pissed off philippine international watch dealers and collectors ready to pounce...
LADIES and GENTLEMEN
Go back in the archives,, the watch was sold in 2007? to Hans from Hong Kong, I am not scamming anyone, I was using the TR900 to sell my other watches, how am I going to sell a TR900 if I do not have one in my possession, who will buy an invisable watch, you guys are starting something that is not true,,, maybe I should not have used a leader item like a TR900 to try and sell my other watches, but how can anyone buy a watch from someone if he does not have iT,, Your making a big deal out of me trying to sell my items, I did have a tr900 which I sold, now I have other watches, End of story
Old 03-31-2012, 20:40   #38
simplediver247

simplediver247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Robert Riggillo TR900

Robert I don't know what your malfunction is in life but your games & scams with all these people and myself is nothing short of scamming people. You had wanted me to at my dime pay your airfare to CDO and then you were just trying to sell watches other than the TR900. What kind of ass-ole are you, thinking that this sh-t you start won't come back to haunt you. You start this mess than you play like your the beaten puppy dog that didn't do a thing wrong. Anyone that Robert mislead should contact the NBI / PNP so they can straighten out Roberts thinking. Robert I would be concerned about your safety here, a man like yourself could easily find yourself a victim of robbery / hostage if you were not careful. if you did this in the U.S. I am sure you would be wearing a pair of cement shoes in a lake somewhere. Someone with common sense would have stopped your game playing long ago, yet you still keep up the Bull-hit stories. Here is a msg from Robert to me last week. 27 March 2012

THE GUY IN HONG KONG WILL BUY THE WATCH FOR 10K PLUS OPEN IT THERE, HE IS WATCH DEALER, AND WILL PAY FOR MY FARE THERE, ARE YOU WILLING TO GO HIGHER THAN 10K? IF YES I CAN MEET YOU WHERE YOU LIVE, ON YOUR DIME, AND YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE WATCH IF YOUR NOT WILLING TO PAY 10,800, ILL JUST SELL TO H.K. GUY, NEED THE MONEY NOW. THE WATCH WILL BRING 12-15K AT A GOOD ADVERTISED AUCTION, OR IF I COULD WAIT LONGER..

IF YOU LIKE THE 1943 HAMILTON US ARMY WATCH OR THE 1970 LONGIENES, LET ME KNOW,,,

Robert Riggillo"
@yahoo.com>
NOT GOING TO H.K. HANGING ON TO WATCH, JUST SQAW THIS WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY,,,

http://www.antiquesandauctionnews.ne...G ap+Auction/

THANKS IF YOU NEVER EMAILED ME, I WOULD HAVE SOLD IT FOR 10K, MY WATCH IS IN MUCH BETTER CONDITION,, WHEW
Closed Thread