The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora

Go Back   The Military Watch Resource - Community Fora > Main Forum
Register MWR Homepage MWR New Stuff for Sale MWR Maratac ZULU Straps Calendar Mark Forums Read

Main Forum This is the site for enthusiasts of military timepieces. All discussions related to military timepieces, and watches in general are welcome. While discussing non-issued watches and homage watches is permissible, misrepresentations and/or false claims of military provenance will not be tolerated. Secondly misrepresenting oneself as either a disinterested party or posting with a secondary or ulterior agenda (i.e. shilling) will not be acceptable. Please post your own personal watches for sale on the PX (not here.) Links to watches for sale are permissable as long as they are for discussion purposes. Links to fake and counterfeit watch sites are prohibited. While not mandatory, images of guns, knives, and Ninja spikes in conjunction with your watches are highly encouraged. There is a Zero Tolerance Policy in effect for rude and inconsiderate behavior. Opinions expressed here are those of the poster, and not necessarily those of the management. Any submissions to this site remain the property of the original author/contributor. Anonymous or inconsiderate postings may be deleted at the discretion of a moderator. Contact: admin@broadarrow.net

Old 04-12-2012, 08:35   #1
foilguy

foilguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ebay Blues pt 3

Preivous link story

So, without trial ebay.de have found me guilty, refunded the thief the monies paid, and then left me negative feedback. Ebay.co.uk, apparently can't do anything, as the case was opened in Ebay.de. I'm given no representation, the deceitful messages from this buyer aren't even looked at, as well as the obviously manipulation he has used.

Have a look at my ebay profile sometime, same name foil_guy, so you can avoid this crook. Regarding the Ebel ATP Watch beatdeadhorse5:

What's maddening is why anyone could honestly believe him. Thank god courts of law ain't run by Ebay.

Last edited by foilguy : 04-12-2012 at 08:55.
foilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06   #2
Flightpath

Flightpath is a member of MWR in good standing

Sad to hear all that's gone on Paul, maybe one day this guy will get what's comeing to him!

Ebay really stinks when it comes to one sided, frustrateing bad deals!

Have a beer and try to think of nicer things to get your mind off this creep.

cheers,

-John
Old 04-12-2012, 09:11   #3
foilguy

foilguy is an unknown quantity at this point

the Monies annoying but not really the issue, it's just how he was able to get away with it.

Deep breath and forgot about it eh! Sound advice John
foilguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:25   #4
TickaTicka

TickaTicka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agree with John

Unfortunately it's all to easy to forget the many honourable people you deal with and that one sod that come along now and again is the one that seems to come to mind.
Sure your feedback will always be 100% with us
Old 04-12-2012, 13:27   #5
Drew Morritt

Drew Morritt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The potential for....

abuse on ebay never ceases to amaze me.
Old 04-12-2012, 13:56   #6
Lukio5141

Lukio5141 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul,

You have probably covered this angle, but did the dirtbag pay using PAYPAL? I think you can raise a dispute with them.

I might be wrong, but aren't they a different group from Ebay?

I've had an issue with a seller before that claimed to be UK based, but was in fact going between UK and Germany and buying from Ebay.de and selling on Ebay.uk. He was a nightmare to get a refund from, but PAYPAL resolved this for me.

If all else fails sit back and have a beer

Cheers

Luke

Winston Churchill

CWC & Precista 'Fat Case' G10's
6B CWC G10
Pulsar Gen 1 & 2 RAF Chronographs
Traser P5900
Pulsar G10
Hamilton & CWC Tonneau Case G10's
Hamilton MIL-W-46374A
Adanac Navigator
Poljot Sturmanskie Chronograph
Seiko 7T27 7A20 Chronograph
CWC Diver

Seiko 6309 Diver
Lukio5141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 14:58   #7
Johnny B

Johnny B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default By the sounds of it, Ebay might not have come to a final decision on the matter yet,

By the sounds of it, It seems like paypal has escalated the dispute to a claim... which means that paypal freezes the funds in question until a final decision has been agreed upon... so even though the funds are not in your paypal acct, they could still be reimbursed to you if you can convince them that you're not at fault...

Call paypal directly, not ebay, but paypal... and ask to speak to a human.. (ie a supervisor) You can get their number from their website, but i don't know if they will have a UK specific contact or not..

Explain the situation in complete detail... but before you do , take the advice about determining the weight of the package when it was shipped back to you... the weight should be marked on the outside of the box.....if the box was lighter than it should have been when it was dropped of at the post office (ie there was no watch inside the box to begin with), you have a good case to present to paypal.... as well, since the sale was through ebay, you may also be eligible for sellers protection... so defiantly get in touch with them....

Good Luck!!

JB
Johnny B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 18:24   #8
pilotswatch

pilotswatch is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same sort of transaction with an assh....
I had to file a police report to get my refund.
Follow Paypal steps one by one. Always talk to someone at Paypal.
Keep records of their name and hour & date.
If you win your case, you'll get your refund and Ebay will erase any negative feedback from that transaction.
Good luck
pilotswatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 19:20   #9
pacifichrono

pacifichrono is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you. I've been "shafted" twice by eBay in recent years much the same way. They suck!

pacifichrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 20:31   #10
at2011

at2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Call your credit card company and get a chargeback. Be prepared to submit documentation on how you got scammed. A police report should solidify your case. Paypal and eBay are subsidiary companies so there's a good chance that PP will also rule against you. Your CC company may be your last recourse in recovering your funds. Good luck!
at2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 00:39   #11
deepeedee

deepeedee is an unknown quantity at this point

You can certainly speak to a ''human being'' on Paypal in the UK and I have found them very good and sensible in the few problems I have had.

Ebay is a different animal, crooked and corrupt is the word that comes to mind, possibly a branch of the 'Mafia'
deepeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:19   #12
Sparcster

Sparcster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sad outcome....

Sorry to hear this is how it has ended up!

Thanks for the heads up on the German buyer... with selling a few of my ATPs, I may not offer the 'worldwide' postage...

Marc
Sparcster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:47   #13
Scouse

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you mate. I too have had a couple of bad experiences whilst selling on Ebay. As a result, I sell very rarely now and even then, mostly list as collection only. Some people are so untrustworthy now. Morals seem to disolve at the first sign of a chance to swindle people out of money or goods. It really does make my blood boil!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote