Thread: Tudor Prince Oysterdate Ranger Help.

Default Tudor Prince Oysterdate Ranger Help.

Hi All
    My father recently passed away and I have ended up inheriting his watch which is a Tudor Prince Oysterdate Ranger.
    I know from his sister that his grandma got it for him when he passed his accountancy exams when he was in his
    early 20's.
    As he was 81 when he died I am assuming it is from about 1958 ish.

Basically I am trying to get an idea of its value in its present condition its winder is missing and the strap is a replacement?

Any help greatly appreciated

From Perth, WA living in Okpo, South Korea

I considered buying one of these so researched them a bit. One of the most forged watches around. Plenty of information on the internet if you search. You may need to confirm date of watch as you will find that it is said these first appeared in the 1960's and were first catalogued in about 1969 so could not have been given to your father in the 1950s. Hand set looks to be a later replacement. First thing I would be doing is establishing model number, age and authenticity. Should be serial and model numbers between the lugs. Also pictures of the movement and case back will give more information

Looks legit - needs some work. Low 1200 - high teens on the high side - depends on a lot of different things. Good shape, cleaned and fixed - higher.

Pendant tube threads look ok from the photos, so should be able to acquire a screw-down crown without too much bother.

Quote Originally Posted by rodabod View Post
    Pendant tube threads look ok from the photos, so should be able to acquire a screw-down crown without too much bother.
    Here is the back

BTW - tried to send you a message but you have PMs turned off. Drop me an email jredmond@linesiders.com

Thanks,

John

mine says hi. I sent photos to a couple of forum leaders, and a well known Tudor expert for varification before I bought
    it. mine also has a roulette date wheel. I call it my poor mans Explorer1. Iíve owned it close to 10 years. since it was
    your Dadís, you should keep it in the family.

Hi
    I have managed to find an expert local to where i live and he has given me the following info.
    Model 7966/0
    Cal 2484
    SN 589482
    He has stated that one of the hands has been replaced at some point and he is going
    to put a replacement winder on it and give it a full service.
    I have also found the box and manual plus a repair guarantee from 1988.

I suspect all three hands were replaced or relumed due to color. The green hue and the texture is an odd combo on the hands for a Tudor