Thread: CWC - quality issues

Default CWC - quality issues

Hello

I have in my collection a CWC RN for 4 years now and it was purchased new by me from silvermans .
    this picture was taken few months after i received it

see how the white paint on the hands is darker than plain white

here is a picture few years later.
    note the white paint on the hands , its darker than before

and here is a picture taken last week

this is a 022 / 2012 model . The case has been opened twice all these years for 2 battery changes and then it was pressure tested in my ACL2000 . It never had moisture / water issues but for some reason the paint on the hands is getting darker year after year . Has anyone else with a same year - 2012 - watch noticed anything similar ? am i the only one ? is it the light conditions when i take a picture ? so many questions :P . The watch has superluminova on dial and hands and the glow is excellent , no issues there

i asked silvermans about ordering a new set of hands and you don't wanna hear how much money they want

If I didn’t know better, I’d almost say the dial had luminova and the hands had tritium. That looks like patina and would actually be cool if your hands and dial matched. But I’m with you. Unevenly matched patina drives me nuts.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Sometimes hands will be made by a different manufacturer to the dial, so you can see why it might happen.

I quite like the aging of the paint!

I've seen plenty of watches where there's a slight difference between hands luminous substance and dial markers. I feel like it's normal...

Is the watches exposed to very bright sunlight on a regular basis?
    It could be discolouration caused by uv breaking down the paint colour pigments.
    I have a 2012 Auto and the white paint on the hands is still super crisp and white, but I live in soggy England.

no. it spends most of the time indoors and it comes out in the sun every summer daily

It’s quite common for lume on hands and dial to age differently. This was my Breitling 817 after years in the dark.

Your watch looks more attractive now than when it was new IMHO.

Perfectly normal, I doubt whether the hands and dial are even 'painted' in the same city let alone painted at the same time together

Forgive me if I am wrong but you are not talking about the lume. You are talking about the brown tint your watches hands (frame) have taken on?
    I think this must be down to a degradation in the white paint pigment, if moisture or leakiy battery is ruled out.
    I note that your watch is a T dialled version so I presume this is one of the batch from that year that had luminova applied on to old dials? It's the first time I have seen this happen on a luminova dial and hand watch including same year versions. As noted above I have an auto 2012 watch and it looks the same as the day I bought it (Feb 13).
    To my eye it looks rather nice but I understand your disappointment.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 02-13-2018 at 12:26.

Did not notice until I read the post and scrolled down , when I looked again I noticed it . Thanks , you've given me something else to obsess over on my watches .

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Did not notice until I read the post and scrolled down , when I looked again I noticed it . Thanks , you've given me something else to obsess over on my watches .
    you are welcome

I also have a 2012 with the T dial. Sorry this site won't let me load images from my computer. I've had no issues at all with the hands paint, no discoloration or fading since new.