Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F*** International Watchman:

Default F*** International Watchman:

The internet's version of the Ambulance Chaser. This piece of work has trademarked the word NATO Strap" , and "G-10", and according to US law, nobody can sell straps nor mention those words without the express written consent of International Watchassholeman. How in the fuck did this dickhead register the acronym of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization is beyond me.

I found this: http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...n-Inc-NATO-G10 https://www.styleforum.net/threads/d...-troll.297683/ https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOUR...cv-01986-1.pdf

Well, it happened to me, too:

"
    Hello Rafael,

Thank you for writing the eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program back in regard to the removal of your listing. I appreciate your patience while we respond to your email. We have had a recent influx of emails, and since each one is answered personally it has taken us some time to reply to everyone.

I understand your concern as you are selling Genuine Waterborne straps. I am more than happy to provide additional clarification.

Your listings were removed because International Watchman, Inc., an intellectual property rights owner, sent us a signed legal statement claiming that your listing contained unlawful use of their trademark in your listing and/or title. NATO may be an acronym for a Government Association however, we trademark information from this rights owner.

The great news is, you are able to relist your item as long as it does not include the infringing trademark. For more information about the trademark, I would encourage you to reach out to International Watchman directly at iwinato@gmail.com. Due to the legal nature of these reports, I am not able to reinstate your listings unless requested by the rights owner directly.

Thank you for your concern in helping to keep eBay a safe and reputable forum in which to conduct business. It's been a pleasure working with you. Have a great rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Charmayne G.
    eBay VeRO Team"

This DICKHEAD waited until I had actually sold my straps to report me, with the result that eBAy will charge me the auction fees.

So, now, not only I was not able to sell my straps, but I have to pay eBay to not sell my straps.

I know you can read this, Ron Sabo, so please, go fuck yourself.

Are you gonna go after Omega also?

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-us/a...traps/product/

Dick.

Raf T, out.
    Last edited by Revo; 02-12-2018 at 14:01.

Omega used "NATO" with quotation marks. Maybe that voids the trademark

Doing some searching and his application was rejected in Europe, so they may not be able to use the word in a US ad or in store

He's not going to sue Omega because Omega's lawyers will run it out until he has no money left to fight. Easy to pick on the little guy. Big difference when it's someone a lot bigger than you

DON

Eddie Platts who owns Timefactors in the UK owns the NATO trademark in relation to watch straps within the EU. It was done to screw with "international watch dick".
    Mr Platts has stated he will not follow up on anyone using the term he only trademarked it to stop this twat, which I think is quite an honerable thing to do.
    International Watch Dick does come across as a complete tool.

Whenever I see a reference to International Watchman, I respond with the name of RONALD E SABO, who happens to be a registered SEX OFFENDER in the state of Ohio. It appears that this guy is a scumbag in more ways than one.

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOUR...cv-01986-0.pdf

https://bailbondcity.com/ohio/ohsex-inmate-Sabo/1563935

https://www.homefacts.com/offender-d...ld-E-Sabo.html
    msa6712
    Z-7

Not on their introduction they don't Don, The top intro picture says NATO STRAPS and not in quotation marks... I'd gladly go to court with this dickhead, Those kind of things can only happen in America, here they would throw critters like him out.
    Edit post!...I just read that Eddie Platts is the Owner of the rights here in Europe...Good on you Eddie!
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Internationalcrotchman sounds like a real wiener .

Quote Originally Posted by DON View Post
    Omega used "NATO" with quotation marks. Maybe that voids the trademark

Doing some searching and his application was rejected in Europe, so they may not be able to use the word in a US ad or in store

He's not going to sue Omega because Omega's lawyers will run it out until he has no money left to fight. Easy to pick on the little guy. Big difference when it's someone a lot bigger than you

DON
    He-he...this should keep him occupied
    http://www.watchuseek.com/omega-cele...ek.com20180212
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

To add insult to injury, we popularized the G10 NATO strap here on MWR long before Ron Sabo ever got involved in his shenanigans. At one time, these straps were extremely hard to source here in the United States and we actually sent people to the U.K. to bring back orders of Phoenix Straps from Silvermans. They are literally everywhere these days in places as diverse as J. Crew and Walmart. But for those of you who remember, it all started here. At one time, we had buyers from major boutique brands buying straps from us. Coolhunted first, exploited by opportunists second.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Title edited for more sensitive members (no jokes about "how sensitive is your member?" please)
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

"Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Brilliant read pissing myself as I walk the dog.

Molly -

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Title edited for more sensitive members (no jokes about "how sensitive is your member?" please)
    Were all grown ups here and heard that word before if you were ever in the military every other word was a four letter word it did not bother me dam you hear it in most movies today.

Wow... This is one of those "Only in America" things...

How the hell does one trademark N**O (am I even allowed to say it now ?) ?

Maybe NATO should sue him? I'm sure NATO has lawyers and while their headquarters may be in Belgium, they have a presence in all NATO member countries.

Indeed, had it not been for MWR the NATO strap would have been relegated to a small niche, like Bambi straps. Now, even uncle Ralph (Lauren) is selling NATOs.

https://www.supplyandadvise.com/prod...=4692446707750

Wish there were a fund set up to sue the perv , I'd contribute . I remember Bob selling the well before international crotchman came along . Think I still have one in a drawer somewhere

Default Thing is, he used to sell some straps that were OK for the price point. But,

what International Pervman has done is unforgivable. He's a douche.

Thanks for informing the newly initiated here; and reminding us what a shthead he is.
    By Decree of the Commandant Caudillo: ORDER OF THE C-STAND WITH SIDE BAR LIGHTS AND FLAG.

"I don't drink with liars, killers or four flushers"
    Miss Kitty/ "Gunsmoke" ca. 1965