Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETERNA SUPER KONTIKI IDF

Default ETERNA SUPER KONTIKI IDF

Can anyone please tell me if this is the real deal? i am not an expert on this watch so I cannot ascertain if the markings in the back case is legit. I have seen some of the fake ones but a qualified opinion will be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks legit to me Eric with a lot of wabi-sabi.

Compare the caseback on yours with these others:

I like these; almost purchased a couple in the past but too concerned about incorrect/fake markings. There appears to be quite an evolution of the marking process between the three pictured -- the top one looks to be a very clean example.
    msa6712
    Z-7

Thanks Gerard. What concerns me are the markings after the numbers 1000 8943. This is were i see minute deviations after looking at several examples. Were those marking engraved by hand?

looks spot on to me too.

Here is mine yours looks OK Reintitan looks like a photo of mine from the previous owner.

Thanks river rat. My next question is if its worth paying $5k for the watch?

Always like those Eterna Kontiki , wish I'd have pulled the trigger while they went for a reasonable price

I notice civilian ones sell for 2300-2900 on fleabay when I checked past sells for the smaller and larger model so factor extra more for a issued one since less of them. 7 years ago I thought I over paid for mine still got it cheaper than what a civilian one sells for today. And years ago on the PX I sold the smaller early civilian one that had a glued on bezel ring for 700 bucks the price I paid for it since I got my IDF and did not need two. If the member still has it did you ever get that bezel ring fixed ?

Id be wary of the engraving on the bottom line. Seems uneven and in the middle a bit crudely done.

Mine has very similar engravings and was bought from a reputable seller here and crossed check with some people that know this model well. I will see if I can post a picture tomorrow.

So in my opinion, it looks correct. As for prices, 5k seems about ballpark but a bit on the high end. But prices continue to raise and these for sure are becoming almost impossible to source.

Cool tool military watch at still fraction of the price compared to some other well known brands.

Cheers

Hope you can post the picture Cesar. Thanks.

This is the best picture I have. Watch currently with my watchmaker. Hope it helps. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by César Criado View Post
    This is the best picture I have. Watch currently with my watchmaker. Hope it helps. Cheers

The bottom numbers are a bit worn down a look a bit more crude than other examples but as stated it has been bought from a reputable source and passed the expert tests but of course, with this as many other military pieces, unless given written provenance from owner, there is always that bit of doubt.

I am content and it's one of my favourite divers. Apart from this have two other civilian units.

Thanks for the picture Cesar. The watch is very comfortable to wear and looks very masculine.

Hope it helped. If you finally get it, won't be disappointed. A classic in my opinion. Cheers

I finally decided to buy it Cesar. A welcome addition to my military watch collection. Thanks to everyone for your most valued comment and information.

Excellent!! Welcome to the family 😀. And enjoy it.

congrats! here's mine and yes, they were hand-engraved, likely by 2 different people, one doing the top line and another doing the bottom line... notice the '3' on the 2 lines are very different fonts

I'm late for the party, here's mine, and the price is round about what I paid for mine at Fellows auction in 4.2016 ...

Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill