Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More stupid anti-gun laws from New York?

Default More stupid anti-gun laws from New York?

I just read this on the Sig forum.........

http://sigtalk.com/guns/269450-new-york-city-again.html

Norway has pretty good gun laws compared to that place!

Feeling sorry for NY gun owners!

-John

You need to be a member of that forum to read that what you are linking to.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Here are the basics to the proposals....

"The law would only allow gun owners to purchase twice a gun’s capacity every 90 days. Since the SAFE Act already limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds, a gun owner wouldn’t be able to buy more than one 20-round box of ammo every three months. Theoretically, a person who owns a six-shot revolver would be limited to purchasing 12 rounds every 90 days."

The second new proposal says the legislation would also “prevent gun dealers from selling ammunition for a firearm to anyone not authorized to have such a weapon.”

Lawmakers who proposed the new legislation say the purpose of the legislation is to prevent terrorists from stockpiling ammunition.

In addition to all of that, the new legislation ups the penalty for a violation to a Class E felony that carries a minimum of one year in prison, and up to four.

Read "The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy" by Thomas Sowell you'll see where our progressive shitheads are taking us.
    The plan is to propose "Reasonable Restrictions" That are neither reasonable nor restrictions, they are laws that remove our 2nd amendment rights. You pick away one thing at a time and when the time is right, you just take them like Australia. Who will stop you? If you can't get the guns, you go after the ammunition, or the lead dust, or the noise, whatever will allow another step toward removal. It is very much a cultural war. The progressives want a compliant drone for a citizen, not too smart, follows orders, doesn't have a curious mind, follows the crowd. Kind of like Facebook customers. They import millions of illegals because poverty and crime fits right in to their central control strategy. They will either end up on welfare or in jail and the progressives don't care which as long as you vote Democrat. The nation is rotting from the inside and liberals and progressives don't want an armed population around when it finally collapses. Consider that a large group of young people, millions of them, wanted Bernie for president. The fact that you could stop spending a dime on the defense, and start taxing the 2% who have all of the money, 80% (like they used to in the 60s) cancel the national debt and you still wouldn't come close to paying for all of the shit Bernie promises. That's how naive and stupid these voters are. There is a big problem coming down the road. I'd like to be armed when it arrives.

Dave, you've got the right take on this...
    I'm so glad that I live in a state where I can still buy .223/ 5.56, 7.62, 9mm & .45 by the caseload online and have it delivered to my front door, can own numerous AR, AK & pistol variants with various capacity magazines and feel safe knowing that I can constitutionally carry to protect myself and family if/ when the time comes...
    msa6712
    Z-7

Quote Originally Posted by msa6712 View Post
    Dave, you've got the right take on this...
    I'm so glad that I live in a state where I can still buy .223/ 5.56, 7.62, 9mm & .45 by the caseload online and have it delivered to my front door, can own numerous AR, AK & pistol variants with various capacity magazines and feel safe knowing that I can constitutionally carry to protect myself and family if/ when the time comes...
    The same here in Tennessee!

New York City and Albany are the tail that wags the dog here in New York State. It is getting worse here, unfortunately it seems the vast majority of 2nd home owners in my county are from NYC. They want to bring "civilization" to us unwashed masses by bringing their gun laws and zoning restrictions to the country (where about 1 out of 5 people have CCW permits - the only way to really own a pistol in NYS). My wife and I are in the midst of a multi-year plan to wrap things up and move west, most likely to Montana.

Dave, you are completely on target with your assessment.

I recently ordered ten 20-round boxes of 9 mil hollow points from Midway and had it shipped to my house out here in Washington state. I am so glad that I can do that here. I am surrounded by progressive liberals, and as a result, I feel like the "odd man out". Maybe I ought to move. If the proverbial "shit hits the fan", I'll be the only one armed with a loaded gun (one in the chamber), since I carry all the time, and they'll all look to me for protection.

On a slightly different note, I have found that some of these "progressives" believe in guns for home defense. They don't typically carry, but they'll have some sort of pistol in the house to defend themselves against "Johnny Meth" should he come around. Yeah, that's fine, but I'd go a step further and have a separate gun for carry. House gun, carry gun, and a third hidden somewhere as an emergency-access gun. But, that's too "far-fethched" for them.

I keep telling them that the cops aren't going to be there at two in the morning. That the cops aren't going to be there in the dark parking lot when you get out from the movies at 10 o'clock at night, or when some shithead starts shooting at people at Wal-Mart on a Sunday afternoon. These are the same people who don't think about what to do in a situation like that - armed or not. I was just telling my wife recently to avoid small convenience stores like 7-11. Armed robbers got you cornered. A place like Wal-Mart (not my favorite shopping venue, by the way) is much larger and offers you the possibility of more escape routes. Say you're with the kids shopping and Tweedle-Dee comes in with an AR and starts shooting up the place. There are multiple fire exits and a large area for you to "hopefully" run/get out of the way (hopefully without getting trampled). Whereas in a small 7-11, you're trapped like a moth in a glass.

Carry on ... and I mean carry.
    Carry on. And, I mean carry.

My brother lives in Marysville WA. He no longer goes into Seattle. Can't stand dealing with the people and traffic. He also carries as it is a "Must Issue" state. When the progressives complete their transformation of WA state into a liberal paradise, you'll need your pistola.

18 school shootings in 28 days...some Americans just do NOT like going to school methinks... and it must be just great to lose one of your kids knowing that at least he/she died with all that freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    they are laws that remove our 2nd amendment rights .
    Its an amendment right....you do understand what amendment means don't you? ..."An amendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution, or other legal document. It is based on the verb to amend, which means to change. Amendments can add, remove, or update parts of these agreements"..so its not exactly set I stone... remember the US used o the 18th Amendment..that didn't last forever did it?

and when the time is right, you just take them like Australia. Who will stop you? .
    Wrong! 'when the time was right..was after a massacre which killed 36 innocent people.. the citizens kind of agreed we don't need uncontrolled weapons...So they took away the 'right' to have CERTAIN types of weapons (why would you possibly want to own say a 50 Cal machine Military gun? apart from just that 'wanting' .. why do you need an M60? or an MG42?) and they introduced stricter legislation to own a weapon....but you can still own a weapon.

Someone mentioned being armed when a douchebag walks in to a mall with a M16... don't you think that if it were harder in the first instance for that douchebag to get a hold of that M16..he's not likely to be able to walk into a Mall is he?

Quote Originally Posted by geo7863 View Post
    Its an amendment right....you do understand what amendment means don't you? ..."An amendment is a formal or official change made to a law, contract, constitution, or other legal document. It is based on the verb to amend, which means to change. Amendments can add, remove, or update parts of these agreements"..so its not exactly set I stone... remember the US used o the 18th Amendment..that didn't last forever did it?

Wrong! 'when the time was right..was after a massacre which killed 36 innocent people.. the citizens kind of agreed we don't need uncontrolled weapons...So they took away the 'right' to have CERTAIN types of weapons (why would you possibly want to own say a 50 Cal machine Military gun? apart from just that 'wanting' .. why do you need an M60? or an MG42?) and they introduced stricter legislation to own a weapon....but you can still own a weapon.

Someone mentioned being armed when a douchebag walks in to a mall with a M16... don't you think that if it were harder in the first instance for that douchebag to get a hold of that M16..he's not likely to be able to walk into a Mall is he?
    The first 10 "Amendments" to the constitution were the basic Bill of Rights promised to the citizens of the United States. Since its adoption, there have been additional "Amendments", 17 in all. Each is a stand alone item addressing a specific issue. The 2nd amendment is specifically in place protect the citizens from an oppressive government. We are unique in the world by having this right.

I know the issue behind the Australian confiscation. I'd bet money that no Australians had an MG42 or M60. They did have certain firearms that held 10 rounds in their magazines and these were taken away. An Enfield SMLE bolt action, a rifle from pre WW1 days was banned and removed. I believe that there are quite a few Australians that are not happy about what happened. Especially in a nation of riflemen.

The AR platform is the most popular target shooting rifle in the US. There are millions out there and 99% are used for that sport. They replaced the M14 and M1 rifles because they are much more accurate and capable of shooting targets out to 600+ yards. I've owned one for 30 years and have done nothing but poke holes in paper with it.

----------------------

"Someone mentioned being armed when a douchebag walks in to a mall with a M16... don't you think that if it were harder in the first instance for that douchebag to get a hold of that M16..he's not likely to be able to walk into a Mall is he?"
    [/QUOTE]

--- Yes, I suppose that if we were to eliminate ARs from the equation, that the young punk who killed 17 high school students in Florida yesterday, and who legally purchased an AR rifle (according to the article I read), would be less likely to commit this type of crime (with a high powered, high capacity ammo rifle). He could go to other means, but let's focus on the rifle. So, if we were to "go Australian" in this country, I suppose incidents like this would be less likely to occur. I don't think Australia has (or had) an NRA. Do they? Did they? The last thing I want as a law abiding American gun owner, is to lose my right to keep and bear arms. I have a right to defend myself both in and out of my home (Sorry California). Yes, I believe something's got to change. I do not want to see any more massacres in schools, movie theatres, public concert venues, etc.

My response to you is not advocacy for more regulation/gun control. This is a very touchy subject in this country. We are very "attached to our guns" here in America. America was born of violence. We used fire arms in the quest for freedom from an oppressive government. Bottom line, I would like to see the end of these mass shootings. We all would.

What would you suggest? Should we ration the type and amount of guns that Americans would be allowed to own? Say, one hunting rifle and/or a shot gun, or one or two pistols, and that's it? No AR type "assault weapons"? No high capacity magazines? I know the NRA would have a field day with that .... Do we get rid of all guns? Do we do nothing? Do we require more licensing and psych evals? Should we train and arm our school staff? Should we post more police officers in every single school and public place in this country? Wow, that would be extremely expensive, and to some, invasive. Who pays for all of this? Do we add more taxes?

Tell us ...
    Last edited by Brandon Aybar; 02-15-2018 at 16:19.
    Carry on. And, I mean carry.

18 school shootings in 28 days...some Americans just do NOT like going to school methinks... and it must be just great to lose one of your kids knowing that at least he/she died with all that freedom!
    Whilst not wishing to take anything away from the tragedy, that statistic is falling under scrutiny.

IAP

Hey geo7863, that “freedom” you mock is what contributed to your country’s liberation from the Nazis and which remained steadfast through the cold war and freed you from Soviet domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hey geo7863, that “freedom” you mock is what contributed to your country’s liberation from the Nazis and which remained steadfast through the cold war and freed you from Soviet domination.
    What? your citizen's murdering children in schools contributed to the world freedom HOW exactly?.. and ...my country was never occupied by the Nazi's (apart from the channel islands)..don't confuse someone's present location with their nationality...and the fact that you have the freedom to have slaughtered over 1.5 million citizens with firearms since the 1960's contributed sweet FA to Perestroika so get your head out of your ass.

Dunblane.. idiot kills loads of schoolkids...handguns banned...not had a gun massacre since. Port Arthur idiot kills 36 people...certain guns banned...not had a gun massacre since.

Perhaps if you called your schools 'the Womb' or 'the Uterus' then a lot more yanks would be interested of preventing children dying inside...know what I mean Bubba?
    Last edited by geo7863; 02-16-2018 at 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by ianp View Post
    Whilst not wishing to take anything away from the tragedy, that statistic is falling under scrutiny.

IAP
    I'll admit I didn't research it, but How many do you need mate?.. if it were just two this year.. is that acceptable?... how about three or four? Or do we have a cut off point?.. ten in two calendar months and the Prayers will really be in earnest.

I personally think that one mass shooting spree in a school is 100% too many...but hey I guess with 270 odd million citizens.. there will be more to fill the freshly emptied classroom seats.

The AR platform is the most popular target shooting rifle in the US. There are millions out there and 99% are used for that sport. They replaced the M14 and M1 rifles because they are much more accurate and capable of shooting targets out to 600+ yards. I've owned one for 30 years and have done nothing but poke holes in paper with it.
    Olympic champions manage to do that perfectly well with air rifles..... and some of their guns look a damn site sexier too.

And there is nothing to stop you from 'losing it' one day with your Colt/Armalite and opening fire randomly in a shopping mall is there?.. you can also do that with an air rifle I guess...don't think the end results would be the same though do you?

At the end of the day gents... you can get all upset with this BRIT (NOT CZECH!) dissing your right to bear arms. The reasoning behind it is so out of date its ridiculous (your potentially oppressive government has drones and apache gunships and the like... you aint gonna stop the 'oppression' with your Colt Desert Eagle now are you!) but its your right... amendments can change that's why they are called amendments, but hey its your right.

I can remember countless school shootings in the US ever since the 70's when one particular school shooting inspired a truly awful Boomtown Rats song and got that knob-end Bob Geldorf in the press (rather more than he has deserved over the years).. there's been too many to mention since... and not just in schools obviously.

In the same period of time, since the 70's, I can remember TWO mass shootings in the UK, Hungerford and Dunblane, TWO!

There's been one here in CZ a few years ago (not a school, a café shooting on a workday dinnertime...madman with an AK47)

I truly don't care any more that you in America are losing kids on a almost daily basis, and that's the truth, I don't care, it doesn't upset me any more,even being a father! But the very fact that I am a father makes me so very, very, glad that there are strict gun laws in Europe, as I am almost 100% certain that my kids will never have to go through the terror of a school shooting.

If you in the US don't really give a shit about that possibility with your kids, then hey who am I to disagree?..... apart from the fact that I am allowed an opinion... and I am allowed to voice that opinion.

And I know that our Euorpean opinions are often derided by the 'saviours of the world'... just bear that in mind though when your kid gets blown away and mine doesn't :-)

I am not saying anything other than the statistic used is questionable. Please do not read any more than that into my words.

IAP