Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An erbsentarn nato strap I have been working on

Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    Hi Emilien, I thought the reaction on the omega thread was reasoned and gentle :-) its a matter of taste, as with here some like it, most don't.

For me, the shrinking of the pattern make it too busy, my eye has nowhere to settle, that's why the pics of the full size camo work better for me. Good luck with the venture
    You're actually right the reaction was fair, and based on taste. I love both forums for that. Its hard to find openly hostile members. I don't post much, but I really do like both.

As per the pattern, yeah that was a choice. Probably not a good one. Im still working on it.

Hi geo,

No I wasn't directly trying to sell it - truth is its the only 20mm watch I have and I was looking for feedback/advice.

Truth is I have the same issue with my Alaska. Hard to find a strap that really works for it. I've tried a jean rousseau green ostrich - which gives it a nice "british racing green" vibe to it. The other one I usually wear is a black rubber with white stitching bought in that boutique watch store in reykjavik. I didn't get a bracelet with the watch when I bought it (aftermarket) - so can't really say

Quote Originally Posted by edantony View Post
    Hi geo,

No I wasn't directly trying to sell it - truth is its the only 20mm watch I have and I was looking for feedback/advice.

Truth is I have the same issue with my Alaska. Hard to find a strap that really works for it. I've tried a jean rousseau green ostrich - which gives it a nice "british racing green" vibe to it. The other one I usually wear is a black rubber with white stitching bought in that boutique watch store in reykjavik. I didn't get a bracelet with the watch when I bought it (aftermarket) - so can't really say
    I meant sell the 'idea'.. as some people have said a cam watchstrap is not for them..me neither... But to try out a cam strap idea.. its not good on a white faced dial...kind of defeats the object of cam :-)

Reminds me of when I wanted to try out for the All Arms Commando Course at Plymouth.. I was told I needed to cam up my soap dish and toothbrush, boot brushes etc etc etc...seriously if the enemy is close enough to see you brushing your teeth.. then cam is a bit too late in my opinion ..same as cam on a watch strap! ;-)

Haha that is very true

the main problem with most types of camo is that they rarely look right over a small area..