Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mil SM300 at Bonhams 8th Feb 2018 sale

Default Mil SM300 at Bonhams 8th Feb 2018 sale

A very nice W10 SM300 is offered by Bonhams at the 8th Feb 2018 sale in Paris:

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/24883/lot/18/

That particular watch is shown in Konrad Knirims book "British Military Timepieces Vol. II". Not sure if I'm allowed to directly upload a picture from the book here due to copyright reasons, so I rather post a link to another forum:

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.co...p?f=51&t=31388

Looking forward to see the result.

Interestingly this is the consecutive issue number to one of my 67 SM300s - however there is no mention of an extract from the Omega archives?

Quote Originally Posted by dave.charlton View Post
    Interestingly this is the consecutive issue number to one of my 67 SM300s - however there is no mention of an extract from the Omega archives?
    How do the movement serial numbers compare?

Mine are within 150 of each other and were delivered on the same date by Omega, this one is 14,000 apart - however an extract from the archives could confirm if the movement was delivered to the British Military or not.

Dave is that a springer and did you catch it on the fly or a spinner?
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

salmonchanted evening

Unfortunately that huge salmon in my avatar is not one of my catches, but one lives in hope! I only fish with the fly these days, I gave spinning up many years ago.

Unfortunately that huge salmon in my avatar is not one of my catches, but one lives in hope! I only fish with the fly these days, I gave spinning up many years ago.
    I'm the same with bait fishing, although I'll use it at sea. Fly fishing is so much more involved and engaging.
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Revo - if you are ever in the North East let me know and I will take you out for the king of fish, I have access to many fishing beats - Tyne, Tweed, Coquet, Wear, Till - there is always one which is fishing well.

Eh... how about hunting stories? I could tell you some about cougars and beavers...

Theres a special thread for those sorts of stories

When I was younger I hunted beaver and sometimes bagged a cougar

Quote Originally Posted by omegamaniac View Post
    Eh... how about hunting stories? I could tell you some about cougars and beavers...
    Quote Originally Posted by springmount View Post
    When I was younger I hunted beaver and sometimes bagged a cougar
    gentlemen.. I'm afraid that this forum doesn't cater for those needs..

So I left a cheeky low ball bid, and accidentally won this one. Will see if they have an extract, otherwise definitely going to get one!

Revo - if you are ever in the North East let me know and I will take you out for the king of fish, I have access to many fishing beats - Tyne, Tweed, Coquet, Wear, Till - there is always one which is fishing well.
    Yes please! Nowt but grayling round here at this time of year and that's when the rivers aren't high and coloured. Roll on spring!

JJ. Well done!
    Cheers
    Richard
    Best regards from Zurich
    Richard G.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhughes1969 View Post
    So I left a cheeky low ball bid, and accidentally won this one. Will see if they have an extract, otherwise definitely going to get one!
    Well done sir, welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by jjhughes1969 View Post
    Well done !

Congrats

Thanks, all! I've only recently started collecting British military divers (having previously been buying modern, independent watches), and have been buying CWCs and Precistas primarily to date. This is my first Omega, but I'm sure not my last!

Cheers

JJH

Well done and a very good price prob because no archives