Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton issued field watch homage

Default Hamilton issued field watch homage

...by Hamilton itself. I was wondering when they were going to get around to doing one. Not an exact replica; bigger (38mm), sapphire crystal, 20mm strap width.

List price in line with current prices ($475). Available soon.

Mahalo,

Andy

Very nice but better if they removed the 24 hour markers and put GS hands on it. Otherwise very nice.
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

Looks nice, but for $475, Id find an original issued piece if the size wasnt an issue for wearing.
    As an aside, the local Costco was offloading Hamilton Khaki field quartz with strap models for sub $200 USD before Christmas.

It's a remake of the MIL-W-46374 U.S. military issued field watch, early 1980's. I too like the original watch, and have owned a few over the years, but for wearing now this one might be better, with decent (for a field watch) 50M water resistance and a good handwinding movement (ETA 2801). It is expensive, but anything similar in movement and case would cost the same retail today, and this one offends me the least.

You know, if they had this watch with a Ronda 715Li quartz movement (10-year battery life) it would be very attractive. That's essentially what CWC has done with the higher-end G10 watch they introduced recently.

This is nice. I do have to laugh though. Artificially aged lume is seems to be the current rage. Even my IWC MK XI tribute has it. Hamilton was a dying company. They can thank MWR for breathing new life into their corner of the watch world.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Mine just arrived from Japan today. It's nice. I think they did a good job. Personally I would have preferred 36mm, but I like dainty watches for the most part. Not sure if I'll keep it because of size, but most people will love the size. It's extremely comfortable and sits low on the wrist (which is great). I put some Marathon shoulderless bars in and a proper Maratec strap and it's good to go!

I like it... alot. $495 is MSRP according to W&W? maybe with some discount it's a buy for me.

38mm is actually perfect for my wrist.

Hamilton mentioned it has a domed sapphire crystal... @ enochroot, is it domed?

will be checking it out at my local AD when it hits.

Yes, it is domed, but it's a shallow dome. For some reason, it has the look of acrylic too (which is great). The added benefit of sapphire, but fits the vintage look. Maybe it's just the lack of AR? I don't know.

Great looking watch in a very wearable size. I have the basic 38mm Khaki Mechanical, recently purchased here on the PX, and really like it. Visibility is better than the issue version for my aging eyes and the sapphire crystal and improved water resistance are nice upgrades. I think this one is a winner!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by enochRoot View Post
    Mine just arrived from Japan today. It's nice. I think they did a good job. Personally I would have preferred 36mm, but I like dainty watches for the most part. Not sure if I'll keep it because of size, but most people will love the size. It's extremely comfortable and sits low on the wrist (which is great). I put some Marathon shoulderless bars in and a proper Maratec strap and it's good to go!
    wrist shots, plz!
    walter
    motown, michigan
    usa

Wow, that looks really nice
    Thank you kindly.

No that is my ideal of the ideal beater. Clear, simple, good size and a classic design. I have an air-race GMT and have a soft spot for a several other Hamiltons. Nice buy.

Looks great to me.
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

That really looks nice on the wrist. Is it available in the US yet? I think I might want one.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Not yet. I think next month? I'm got mine in the PX though if you are impatient ;-)

I kind of like the real one

That is a nice looking watch but if I want chunkier my Hamilton FAPD also does the trick..

Quote Originally Posted by lambstew View Post
    That is a nice looking watch but if I want chunkier my Hamilton FAPD also does the trick..
    I agree as it is much closer to the size than the 46374. I still wouldn't mind owning one as it is quite hard to get the FAPD. They show up and go pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    I kind of like the real one
    Have to agree with you there, I don't see the point of a 'tribute' watch when the original is still readily available...and if you hang around a while you can even get a NOS every now and then if 'second hand' doesn't float your boat.