Thread: Mora EC 13909 /i\ WD?

Default Mora EC 13909 /i\ WD?

I don't usually buy from the ebay site but i did see this and it didn't break the bank. I had read in Konrads book (page 504) that there were these EC WD watches and I was wondering if anyone could throw any more light on it.
    Pete

Now theres a coincidence- i was wearing mine yesterdday....mine is an Olma, with a similar case and movement, marked E.C.14736 andd also markedd 4070...

Ive hadd it about 10 or 15 years. As far as i know the EC number refers to emergency comissions in the British Army in India. Check the london gazette- sometimes you can trace an EC number to a specific soldier if they were mentioned in ddespatches or won a medal etc.

Ps sorry about all the ddds. My keyboardd is bust.

Cheers
    Rich

Yes just checked mine- same movement, but not markedd on the larger winding wheel. Same hands too, although the case is squarer.

Theres a few of these on the internet. All with the same engravingstyle , from a couple of different makers. I havent noticed any other 4070 stampedd ones, ill check... I also ddidnt realise they were in knirim, ive been keeping an open mind as to authenticity until now.
    Mine came on a shagged out pigskin strap so i changed it to a nos one. Ill post a pic once i sort out my end of the potatobucket fiasco...

Thanks for this, I've looked at the link and I must be thick but i cant even find the advance search that is mentioned. Certainly one chap on there wasn't buying the Emergency Commission theory but i don't go along with his definition either. Like many things that have been lost in the annals of time it would be nice to know but I can live with the Emergency Commission or Educational Corp.

exerpt -

Cheers Dave Ill go along with emergency commission and try the link again, what is this an excerpt from?

the exerpt was from here -

http://www.unithistories.com/officer...icers_help.htm

and scroll down.

no advanced search for me either; you probably have to register and then log in..