Thread: OMEGA 1943 CAL 30 T2 SC INFORMATION

Default OMEGA 1943 CAL 30 T2 SC INFORMATION

Hello All

I recently acquired this Omega watch which according to the serial number dates to around 1943. The ninety year old previous owner inherited it from a good friend who he says wore the watch while a flying officer (I have his surname) in the Far East during the last couple of years of the war. I would appreciate this forums thoughts as to the watch, the back which snaps shut as it should has no military marks or omega marks, the inside of the back does have a number of service marks. The case appears to have a yellow metal base which has been nickel plated. I have not seen an other example with this style of hands and wondered if they are original or later replacements.

Any information would be much appreciated

Marty

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140578...57689123676062

It's a replacement case. Plated and back is unsigned. Hands are not original and dial is either replaced or refinished. To clean to be original. Movement is in very nice condition. Might be worth looking for any genuine replacement sweep case, but would have to work with the dial or replace it to fit the case

DON

Default inserted images

Replacement everything around an original movement. Not my cup of tea.

I’ve come across that replacement case several times before. I’m inclined to believe the movement is probably ex-RAF.