Thread: WWW pricing on Eterna's

Default WWW pricing on Eterna's

So is an Eterna WWW a $3000 watch now? Seems going by ebay's last two sales it is.

Based on number of pieces produced it makes sense?

On ebay there are a lot of www's in the 3k range for some reason

Prices are bonkers on Ebay retail sites. Individual auctions are very different. And face to face with real money is even more realistic.

True, but the last 2 sold for $3000 feedback received and everything

Well they're one of the nicer ones IMO, but $3000 does seem rather excessive. I think if you want one and are willing to put in some leg work you should be looking at half that. But it just goes to show that selling on eBay can be a great business if you're willing to talk everything up and take the piss with pricing.

I guess less are coming up. There are probably a lot of people wanting to collect the 'realistic eleven'. One on Chrono24 for $2100

Paul,I have sent you a pm.

I have noticed this for a while now where various watches are up at a silly price with a buy it now. They often go un-bought or "sell" only to be relisted.

Exactly as Springmount and Whopper says I think the WWW's have been seen as good investments due ever increasing price rises for the past 10 years and the retailers are trying to force that, particularly through Ebay and using the 'big' names IWC, JLC, Longines and Omega to drag up the 'smaller' names, 1000 for a Timor?? It reminds me a little of Damien Hirst and his gallery in the fine art market, they make sure nothing of his sells cheaply at auction to protect prices, keep them high, even if it means them buying them 'back in'. As long as people believe the prices will keep climbing they will keep buying. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't peaked now with the economic climate. SELL SELL SELL.....;-)))

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    Exactly as Springmount and Whopper says I think the WWW's have been seen as good investments due ever increasing price rises for the past 10 years and the retailers are trying to force that, particularly through Ebay and using the 'big' names IWC, JLC, Longines and Omega to drag up the 'smaller' names, 1000 for a Timor?? It reminds me a little of Damien Hirst and his gallery in the fine art market, they make sure nothing of his sells cheaply at auction to protect prices, keep them high, even if it means them buying them 'back in'. As long as people believe the prices will keep climbing they will keep buying. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't peaked now with the economic climate. SELL SELL SELL.....;-)))
    I agree, 1000 for a Timor isn't enough, at least I would demand more for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    I agree, 1000 for a Timor isn't enough, at least I would demand more for mine.
    I still see the 4 low end original dialled WWW's at the 600-750 range. Timor, Vertex, Record, Buren. With really exceptional ones hitting 750. Entry level proper 'steelie' (WTF is the Timor anyhow) being the Cyma at 900.

We can all demand whatever we want for anything, as the Ebay retailers are doing but very, very few seem to sell. What it does do is influence the private sellers to expect more and therefore slowly'ish drag the prices up by altering expectations. If you look at the realised prices of those watches where the seller is brave enough to start them at 0.99p on eBay they are on the whole way behind the buy it now prices. I saw a Record go over 1,000 recently and was surprised. I am not complaining, just saying. The WWW's that I don't have have been beyond my budget for a goodly while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    I still see the 4 low end original dialled WWW's at the 600-750 range. Timor, Vertex, Record, Buren. With really exceptional ones hitting 750. Entry level proper 'steelie' (WTF is the Timor anyhow) being the Cyma at 900.
    Timor - mid case is bead or glass blasted stainless steel. they are extra hard & very difficult to scratch. They are almost always found in excellent condition.

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    You are off by a few hundred imo. Cyma is 1900 usd dealer price, seen several serviced ones in almost the same range fly out from private sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by obsoletewatchparts View Post
    Timor - mid case is bead or glass blasted stainless steel. they are extra hard & very difficult to scratch. They are almost always found in excellent condition.
    That explains a lot, the case of mine is in almost spookily great condition, good to know, thanks John.