Thread: A-11 - A17A Parts Situation

Default A-11 - A17A Parts Situation

Hi all, Over the past decade or so I have accumulated 15 or so a-11s and A-17s in various states of completeness. I have serviced a few but of all the parts watches, especially the A-17s, I barely have enough to complete more than one or two running watches. The A-11s are much easier to find parts for.

I have followed the diminishing parts supply of the 10BNCH movements and, even with the Jules Borel interchange database, don't see many options out there.
    Does anyone have any scrap movements or redundant parts for these? I emailed the ebay seller about a bulk buy of stems and other poss parts but with no response. I'd sure like to get a few of these movements going again as they run so well and are full of recent military history.

I have plenty of cased movements but barrels, hairsprings, balances(even several cocks missing), stems, and hands had been sporadically removed and keep these in the drawer.
    I'd considered adapting other similar balances, modifying stems, etc. but haven't gone that way yet. As a whole a running example isn't rare or expensive so I have a hard time paying $20 for a crown and $25 for a stem. Any help or suggestions?
    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

Scott McCoy on this forum may be able to help with parts..

Check Tom or Debbie at Dashto and see what they have.
    http://www.dashto.org/newlists/milit...usmaterial.htm

I may have some things put would need more specific information. Email me at: scott@ibnerd.net

Don't ask for Waltham A-17 crowns...Just not there anymore.....Scott

Thanks guys,
    I saw a few things on Dashto but then they closed for a time due to a family issue. I hope all is well.
    Dave