Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Possible scam - Charlotte Wagg-Skinner

I might nip to Anchor and ask about her, it's only five miles from me.
    Farewell to WTU

Quote Originally Posted by jamelee View Post
    she said it had to be a bank deposit I said paypal or cash on collection
    she stopped contacting me
    Has she offered similar deals to anyone else?
    Reading this thread again.... anyone refusing cash has got to be raising suspicions....

The person to talk to is Dawn at Anchor Supplies.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Could anyone help us for the issues?
    She gave up to think of new excuses, just keeps saying " I'm telling the truth and I'm sorting it". What Her trick is telling you to "I'm going to ship, wait for next Monday or Tuesday" on the weekend. Never end.

This thread is getting old just face it you were ripped off you did not to your home work. I have never been ripped off yet on the net in the 15 or more years I been doing this. You don't know the seller well you have a photo with date or todays news paper next to the watch have some one you know from the forum who is in the same country call them and talk to them if you can't call due to your in another country and call them your self if your in the same country, And buy from a forum member who has a lot of post count and heard no bad deals with it's dam simple not to get ripped off. Did buy a US Navy issued comparing watch off Ebay were it had a home made gear and was not told about but I got the watch only bad deal on line. If it to cheap to make you take the hook like a dumb fish hook line and sinker should of told you some thing. Just my two cents seems like novices are the ones getting taken here do your dam home work on sellers.

There are a lot of rip off artist out there and people get taken here is a good one people who put deposits down for boutique watches before they are built a fool and his money a good read. And this is one thing you should never do give your money before a watch is made. Don't know if any one read this yet here. If any one has a Kobold they will be hard to resale with out loosing your pants.
    http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...89#msg_7500775
    Last edited by river rat; 02-08-2018 at 09:16.

I find it odd that the individuals on this forum who were her known "associates" on the other social media "military watch" site have not stepped in to provide some sort of contact information with CW-S, I've seen several of her sales posts in the past and supporting comments by those associated -- just seems odd to me.
    On another note, I never drank the Kobold Kool-Aid and always felt there was a shady side to his operation, although others swore by the quality of his "expedition tool watches".
    msa6712
    Z-7

the saga is ongoing..

easy for me to say but everyone needs to be patient..

what's been happening on the facebook site?

Just likes never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    the saga is ongoing..

easy for me to say but everyone needs to be patient..

what's been happening on the facebook site?

Hi all I've only just noticed this thread and it's shocking to see me implied in it!!

I knew Charlotte for over 10 years and I only knew her at anchor, paid cash on pick up and I never knew her phone number address etc etc etc.

I tried to help some members get refunds and watches back she made promises to me which I passed forward only to find out she hadn't come good with her promise.
    The more I tried to help the more she met me down and made me look a fool.
    Then it went from a couple of people to 10's of claims for 1000's I was hard on Charlotte and told her a few home truths!
    She didn't like it and dropped me on Facebook and blocked me on messenger therefore stopping any contact.
    Her wife contacted me and threatened legal action as her address had been posted on the forum.
    Anchor didn't want information about them on the forum either.

We are watch fans and not lawyers or legally minded it's Damn frightening as a Barber and hobbyist to get legal threats!

By trying to help people out I became so called Charlotte's aid and associate!

I started the watch forum and asked Charlotte to help me as she was in the trade that's it, no more.
    I had every faith in Charlotte and she let me down big time!

But please don't drag Myself or any of the Facebook team into this, we where shocked and forced into deleting the thread.
    We spoke for hours about what to do about it.
    I genuinely never had a bad deal but all mine where at anchor through Charlotte and if it was private it was cash in hand. So at first i thought shes having a blip, let down by somebody ill etc etc but sadly I was duped too.

On a couple of occasions people would post asking for certain watches and I would tag Charlotte's name in as I knew Anchor had them but I never profited from my help.
    I certainly didn't believe she capable of what she ended up doing.
    I'm saddened by my bad judgement of character but so are others on here! we where all duped too.

Baden

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    You don't know the seller well you have a photo with date or todays news paper next to the watch have some one you know from the forum who is in the same country call them and talk to them if you can't call due to your in another country and call them your self if your in the same country, And buy from a forum member who has a lot of post count and heard no bad deals with it's dam simple not to get ripped off.
    Lordy youl'd do all that for an eighty dollar watch? I just pay with my credit card....not happy? get my money back every single time.

The only Time someone really tried to rip me off.. and I mean a blatant criminal act not just dodgy goods...I got my 3000 pounds back from my credit card... AND a further 3000 from the 'famous money company' that the transaction was done through :-D

I will just wait for the case to put in criminal court about her cheating.