Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible scam - Charlotte Wagg-Skinner

I meant to say that if people have received refunds or eventually the watch concerned then this would be an issue for the Citizens Advice Bureau and then Trading Standards if the person concerned operates as a business.
    You are what you do when it counts...

I have now had she is a foster carer and I am causing loads of shit for her and I'm being threatend with the police

They are a military surplus shop in the north of England. They have one in Ripley and the other in Nottingham. This is where she works / worked the last time I visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_1100 View Post
    I have now had she is a foster carer and I am causing loads of shit for her and I'm being threatend with the police
    Just words mate.

So is this defiantly a scam because she's adamant she has problems family member in hospital fostering and not got time she's been ill it's been posted and lost in the post no proof of posting has ever been sent to me

I don't want to let this drop it's unfair I'm going to make her famous! For what she is if this is a scam got all the screen shots

Dam I only got scammed once but got what I paid for thought I was getting a deal on a CYMA WWW for 400 bucks at a NAWCC show if the price is to dam good like I hear this women was selling watches some thing is wrong and you should of smelled a rat. I was lucky got my money back that CYMA was a fake one. It was a learning lesson pass if it don't feel right and I have never got ripped off since. Some advice this forum a good place to buy from the members catch the rat before any one gets taken most of the time, on Ebay check the sellers feed back check watches he sold all ready to see if any lemons and do your home work on the watch to make sure it's legit, A new seller on forums with zero post count have that seller take a photo with date or news paper with watch to make sure he has it and if it's in another country have a forum member who's in the same country give that person a phone call if you can. Just stuff I do and NAWCC shows are good you do face to face buys and the NAWCC money back guaranty. Never been ripped off since the fake CYMA WWW.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Dam I only got scammed once but got what I paid for thought I was getting a deal on a CYMA WWW for 400 bucks at a NAWCC show if the price is to dam good like I hear this women was selling watches some thing is wrong and you should of smelled a rat. I was lucky got my money back that CYMA was a fake one. It was a learning lesson pass if it don't feel right and I have never got ripped off since. Some advice this forum a good place to buy from the members catch the rat before any one gets taken most of the time, on Ebay check the sellers feed back check watches he sold all ready to see if any lemons and do your home work on the watch to make sure it's legit, A new seller on forums with zero post count have that seller take a photo with date or news paper with watch to make sure he has it and if it's in another country have a forum member who's in the same country give that person a phone call if you can. Just stuff I do and NAWCC shows are good you do face to face buys and the NAWCC money back guaranty. Never been ripped off since the fake CYMA WWW.
    I have not dealt with this woman or her shop, but the main problem is that she DID sell watches and she DID sell them cheap. Her Customers DID receive what they bought for...I understand not always as quickly as they would like and that is damnably frustrating. But then the customers STOPPED getting the goods that they had paid for.

It sounds like a classic case, as someone has previously mentioned, of someone who started off well suddenly overstretching their resources/abilities...whether that turned to downright dishonesty or a disconnect from reality for her I don't know.

The penal system is an excellent venue for connecting with reality. Some people need a hard reboot to rediscover the path of truth.
    If you don't own something, or you're not willing to legally part with something, don't take other people's money for it.
    Penal systems are also a great way of placing an official offender stamp on miscreants as a warning to the innocent around them.
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong... - Inspector O

So now she runs away? Lost contact with her after she "claimed" to ship my watch yesterday. No one would trust her and I don't think she could return us the money. I am still waiting for the reply of National Fraud Intelligence Bureau. Anyone have reported too or gone to the small claim Court?

Has anyone else seen her crowd funding page
    She wants 2000 to become an horologist

Quote Originally Posted by jamelee View Post
    No, but she might need that money to post bond eventually.
    the Order of the Escopeta Recortada with Crossed Grappling Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by jamelee View Post
    Closed last October with zero donations, and apparently a Legionella survivor! Funny that but she cant even spell it properly, if I had a life threatening disease such as Carcinoma erysipeloides, for example, I'm pretty sure I'd know how to say it and spell it properly. Maybe that's just me though? Actually she is starting to sound seriously dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by geo7863 View Post
    Actually she is starting to sound seriously dishonest.
    Starting ???
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Has anyone been contacted by Anchor Supplies yet? They are aware of this thread and indicate their willingness to cooperate with any investigation. Does Charlotte still work at Anchor Supplies?

It has been 9 months now and still not solved... Now she says that she will ship tomorrow.. If i dont get tracking tomorrow i will do police reports on her and the guy that paypal she used to accept the payement. And i will start contacting family members of hers to get this solved..

Quote Originally Posted by boB View Post
    Has anyone been contacted by Anchor Supplies yet? They are aware of this thread and indicate their willingness to cooperate with any investigation. Does Charlotte still work at Anchor Supplies?
    not for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    not for a long time
    If she no longer works there, it would not surprise me one bit if Anchor was the original source of her watches and perhaps they too were victims of her thievery. Since she no longer works there, it would stand to reason, she has no watches to sell?

If she lives in Nottingham (where Anchor Supplies are) my brother's missus is a copper there.. do want me to contact her and ask what can be done?

there is a correspondence address in Derby available via a general internet search..