Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible scam - Charlotte Wagg-Skinner

Editing this out. I believe my last post makes my opinion clear enough.
    Last edited by petahwong; 12-17-2017 at 20:54.

Im still waiting for a watch form this scam artist! Transferred money in june and still nothing.. Police reports have been made.

Charlie tried to Scam me as well. After alot if work and help from friends I finally got my money. Not sure how they manage to keep this scam rolling for so long with so many victims. Warning threads here and on other forums gets deleted. Hopefully this one will remain.

it will certainly remain..

Can you add me back into the facebook group? I assume you banned me for speaking up here. I don't have any horse in this race I just wanted to voice my opinion and what I observed.

I had no intention of dragging this up again as I know Charles tried his best.

Edited as I don't want to expose what the PI found out.

Quote Originally Posted by petahwong View Post
    Can you add me back into the facebook group? I assume you banned me for speaking up here. I don't have any horse in this race I just wanted to voice my opinion and what I observed.

I had no intention of dragging this up again as I know Charles tried his best.

Edited as I don't want to expose what the PI found out.
    Peter - if this reference is for me them I'm afraid that I have no knowledge whatsoever about what you are referring to! I don't do facebook or any social media for that matter; perhaps you could clarify your posting..

there are a lot of names being bandied around here -

Charlie Skinner; Charlotte Skinner; Charlotte Wagg-Skinner; Mr Skinner; Ruth Skinner; Charlotte Ruth Skinner; etc, etc..

is this one person or several?

the user charlieskinner has been banned here on MWR.

I think the “k” in Skinner may be optional. All the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Peter - if this reference is for me them I'm afraid that I have no knowledge whatsoever about what you are referring to! I don't do facebook or any social media for that matter; perhaps you could clarify your posting..
    Not you at all dave! You have been an extremely fair mod. The person with whom Im refering knows.

I think it's one of the mods on the Facebook group who is also a member (but not a mod) here.

(If it's who I think it is then has the same surname as me and is decent chap, also a friend of Charlotte and in now an understandably difficult position.)

I suspect the thread on fb was pulled because it was becoming a bit of a frenzied mob with no due process or presumption of innocence. It's easy for social media to become judge, jury and executioner.

That said, this looks like a prima facie case of scamming (although possibly, being generous, she over-extended herself and sold watches she wasn't yet in possession of, or had cashflow issues, or something: either way, the result is the same.)

This probably now need to go to the police. The internet might be a good place for (alleged) victims to find each other and share experiences but I think any discussion of (alleged) criminal activity should be done by PM or email between said victims.

It certainly sounds like there's a case to answer here but this is not the place.
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I think it's one of the mods on the Facebook group who is also a member (but not a mod) here.

(If it's who I think it is then has the same surname as me and is decent chap, also a friend of Charlotte and in now an understandably difficult position.)

I suspect the thread on fb was pulled because it was becoming a bit of a frenzied mob with no due process or presumption of innocence. It's easy for social media to become judge, jury and executioner.

That said, this looks like a prima facie case of scamming (although possibly, being generous, she over-extended herself and sold watches she wasn't yet in possession of, or had cashflow issues, or something: either way, the result is the same.)

This probably now need to go to the police. The internet might be a good place for (alleged) victims to find each other and share experiences but I think any discussion of (alleged) criminal activity should be done by PM or email between said victims.

It certainly sounds like there's a case to answer here but this is not the place.
    Maybe the feed back area for bad and good sellers
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forum...-Feedback-Area

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Maybe the feed back area for bad and good sellers
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forum...-Feedback-Area
    From the top of that page

A forum in which to post feedback about transactions that have happened on the PX and elsewhere on MWR.
    If this all happened on Facebook, then let it be dealt with over there. If there were transactions that started on MWR that went south, then that is a different matter.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Transactions were on FB, but members who vouched for Charlotte are prominent members here.

I have just been done paid her on the 1st of jan had excuse after excuse from being ill on night shifts erm family member being diagnosed with cancer and the last one which was tonight I have just had to sign a do not resuscitate order THIS IS A SCAM and can't be allowed to get away with it and the watch cost 50 my owe fault but she was saying I'm no scam artist I would never do that to any one lol

How did u get your money back i' m going to the local derby newspapers got tons of screen shots thinking about showing whoever I can even all her Facebook friends it's not right

I had the dying family member story about a year or two ago.... Go to the police.

Honestly when your family member gets cancer! You stay by there side everything else stops because life no longer matters! You’ll have your money! This isn’t CSI it’s someone having a bloody shit time! do whatever you feel the need to do? I have nothing to hide backed up by hospital records? Tell you what have 60 in your account Thursday or I will walk into the police station myself!

This was the last message I had from her

I may have missed it, but has anyone actually telephone Anchor Supplies in Nottingham.

She's not selling through them it's a private add on Facebook never heard of anchor supplies who are they

I'm being called a bully now and a nasty person for asking her to meet me today but once again she's at hospital

Good morning,
    I very rarely post but follow all the threads daily etc. I have read through all of these posts and would advise all those who have lost out financially to report the matter to Action Fraud in the United Kingdom. Action Fraud in the City of London deal with complaints of Fraud now rather than local police forces initially. If there is evidence of numerous persons being defrauded then they will more than likely investigate and allocate out to a single force (typically where the suspect is based). I would reccomend evidencing the interactions you have had with the person concerned (screenshots, bank account detail, text messages etc etc). I would also reccomend making a final request for a refund and then ceasing contact while you await a response from AF. Unfortunately you will always be strung along by the person committing the Fraud so as to give you a little hope that it will be resolved. Any excuse given will undoubtedly be a lie and prolong the process.
    Good luck!
    You are what you do when it counts...