Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Opinions on Katie Hopkins?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    "I don't see how it can be considered reasonable to then take issue with some migration from these countries."

There is quite a difference between "Some migration" and an all out forced invasion of poverty and lawbreakers who have no intention of assimilating and becoming good citizens.
    I like to think that I have principles and I don't see a logical connection between what happened 200 years ago and the invasions in progress today. Trying to rewrite history by being a nice guy is an impossible task.
    Dave I am not suggesting for a second that you don't have principles. Acknowledging and 'owning' historical events is a part of establishing a peace process, South Africa and Northern Ireland are both examples and seems to me completely logical.

"all out forced invasion of poverty and lawbreakers who have no intention of assimilating and becoming good citizens". Hopkins could have said this and it is why she is so negatively divisive. It is a sweeping generalisation of overblown hyperbole designed to 'rabble rouse' and is in no way helpful in resolving any situation, in my opinion.

Merry Christmas.

" It is a sweeping generalisation of overblown hyperbole designed to 'rabble rouse' and is in no way helpful in resolving any situation, in my opinion. "

In my opinion, it's an opinion, no more no less. You and I are not going to resolve anything, this is just talk.
    And a Merry Christmas to you Sir.

On this we agree Dave, have a wonderful festive holiday.