Thread: Vintage watches NY

Default Vintage watches NY

I'm planning a trip to New York, mid February next year. Is there any recommendation concering reliable vintage watch dealers?
    Guess I will have one of my perfect Heuer Bund with me, for trading.
    br, GŁnter

I know there's Aaron Faber, but high prices. Pretty much expect most of the dealers in NY are going to have high prices as rent is not cheap.

Probably not the best place to do a trade. Faber offers a 14kt gold Gruen Curvex for $1300. Ebay 1/3rd the price for a similar model

DON

thanks for responding. That's what I've already realised. However I'm looking for smaler dealers or collectors, not having this huge rental charges.
    thanks, GŁnter

Pop into my store in the west village , always a few vintage pieces for sale .
    As well as clothing and shoes , Jacks coffee shop next door for a cuppa Joe
    to go !! . G.

Grahame Fowler
    138 west 10th street
    New York , NY 10014

Thx Graham,
    I've already have taken a note.
    Guess we will meet in February.
    br, GŁnter

Hi pina,

I've been to Mr. Faber's store on many occasions and even purchased a few timepieces from him over the years. He's a very nice fellow and has some very interesting timepieces for sale, mostly high end, but if you go to the cases in the rear of the store, that's where he keeps the more reasonably priced stuff. Even if you don't purchase anything, it's worth the experience. Besides, Rolex New York is just across the street. Aaron Faber is located in the 666 Building at 5th Avenue and 53rd Street. Also, if you stroll around the area, there are other watch shops to wander in and out of. Enjoy your trip!

Mike
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

You could also look into what the auction houses might be offering either at auction or by private treaty.

Thx for all these hints. I'm getting more and more interested and surely I will spend some time for watches!
    regards, GŁnter

Gunter,

You can also hit the Tourneau Time Machine at 12 East 57th Street, which is not far from Aaron Faber. Pricey, yes, but fun to see all the bling!

Mike
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

I corresponded with one of the people setting this up last year:

https://www.meetup.com/nycvintagewatch/

Don't know how active they are but maybe if you get in touch there you might be there during a meetup or get some good info.