Thread: Hanhart Red Telemeter

Default Hanhart Red Telemeter

Hello everyone,

Interested in getting more information on these units but unfortunately, most of it is gone, due to the photobucket disaster, not to mention, that there is not that much on the net already. In particular I am interested in those units with the red telemeter on the dial.

From what I have been able to gather, these were post WWII units but not much else. Pictures would also be appreciated. It would be good to start populating back some of the lost information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Cesar

Apologies, forgot to mention, that the one I am researching is the one with the spiral red telemeter, as there are of course, units delivered to the KM, with the telemeter on the outer dial.

Thanks again.
    C

I think that you are probably referring to the red tachymeter scale, or snail trail; this is used for measuring average speeds and is incorporated in the centre of the dial in a spiral formation; my reissue of this is posted in this month's Friday Roll Call..

Thanks a lot Dave. Yes this is the one. Not a lot of info out there.

Cheers!

Hi Cesar,
    this is not exactly what you are talking about, but same purpose.
    br, Günter from MAN

Servus,

normally I am just reading, but sometimes I have to add something too. In common we know at least four different styles of red scales on Hanhart Dials. All these dials have been made during war time as you can see on the backside with the manufacturers codes of the reich. All dials have been used for WWII and Post-War chronographs. Here are my two examples of WWII and post war productions.

Cheers Felix

PS: I do have another one with the rarest red scale EU/2hm Telemeter, but it is dimantled for service.
    SMS Viribus Unitis 1911

Hi Felix,
    Thanks a lot. As usual very informative. And excellent picture too.

I guess the issue is always about the consensus of whether these were ever issued in service or not. From your information, it seems they were and continued to be produce after the war. Which is interesting because it also begs the question as to why so few units seem to remain and of course to which units they were given.

Those with the outer dial red printing obviously to KM. And these ones?

In any case, extremely rare and fantastic looking watches. Hope you show yours once its back from service.

Servus,
    C

Quote Originally Posted by pina View Post
    Hi Cesar,
    this is not exactly what you are talking about, but same purpose.
    br, Günter from MAN

Beautiful!!