Thread: Why is it when your try to help someone - they want to argue with you? >

Default Why is it when your try to help someone - they want to argue with you? >

Guy asking about a watch auction and average pictures. You know the type. Not clean, at angles sort of designed so that you really can't see what you need to see to be 100%.

This one had appraisal papers. 7 pages and a appraisal from a second rate watch store

Could be real, but best to check at a retailer.

Guy starts to argue with me and pointing out the things that look odd trying to justify why it's real

Now the watch is not my expertise on this model, but when I see average images. That sets off the alarms depending on the type of watch and value

Seems I replied shortly after the auction and his arguing is his way of assuring himself that it's genuine.

You live in the city where there's a retailer. Take it over and check, but I guess it's easier to argue than do this

DON

Hi Don

Info is a great thing ! I am guessing Rolex, Omega, ?

Lee

....what we've got here............is a failure to communicate..............

Mark L

Lee,

It was a panerai and back image on it's side so you can't make out anything on the back to compare to a genuine model. Face has some reflections.

Told the buyer to pay through PP with CC and not a gift payment.

On another forum. There was a similar post with 91 responses. Bought a bad watch and arguing about whether to return or keep.

Just take the offered advice and stop arguing.

DON

today sent message to eBay seller of suspect watch...............'can you confirm genuine'

their reply amused me...'that's an absurd question.........how could i confirm i would

not have even been alive when such a watch was made.............'

Mark L

All kinds on Ebay now, Only bought a couple of movements in the past few years

DON

Quote Originally Posted by howzabowser View Post
    today sent message to eBay seller of suspect watch...............'can you confirm genuine'

their reply amused me...'that's an absurd question.........how could i confirm i would

not have even been alive when such a watch was made.............'
    my further reply................'now i understand why no-one has been able to absolutely authorise....

the turin shroud...............' boom boom mr derek!

Mark L

Some men...

...you just can’t reach‼️