Thread: Interesting chronograph pilot's? watch large

Default Interesting chronograph pilot's? watch large

Got this the other day. Not running as it needs hairspring work (bent). And the crown is a replacement. It's about 41 or 42mm diameter. Both bezel and back screw off. Has a pointer that is moved around the dial by a knurled inner bezel. Seems to be a chrome case. I feel like this is in very nice condition for it's age. Anyone know the movement maker? Any other comments are welcome. Wondering what the original crown should have looked like. Original stem (or at least part of it) was in it.
    No military markings on this watch but it has the look.

Very interesting “1928 German pattern pilot watch” as they are called. I have two that are similar with registors.
    Your model and brand is the first one I’ve seen, Breitling made this exact model. Do you have the provenance?

It came in a lot with other vintage watches I purchased at auction - so no I do not have provenance. But all seems correct to me aside from already mentioned crown.

Hey great watch. Really nice condition. Crown looks nice even if maybe a replacement. Not often You See these type of watches in such good condition. Interesting movement.

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    Hey great watch. Really nice condition. Crown looks nice even if maybe a replacement. Not often You See these type of watches in such good condition. Interesting movement.
    Thanks!
    I figure this watch just got put in a drawer early on. You never see chrome or dials that nice on regulary worn watches. Thanks to pilotswatch (and his images) above I have a better idea of what could be a proper crown. I put this one one but had to work on the underside of it a bit (the crown) to get it to fit. Now just to get that hairspring straightened a bit. Chrono seems to operate and it winds/sets. I'd like to know who made the movement. Never heard of 'Cromax' before now.

Checked my Bestfit guide, but no match in chronograph section. Not sure how far back the movements go in the book

DON

Only info I could find on the net from lacotedesmontres.com

Thank you for your efforts. I did some similar searching and haven't come up with much either.

Looks to me like a predecessor of Lemania 27CH.
    Regards,