Thread: Appropriate Price for Hamilton MIL-W-46374D

Default Appropriate Price for Hamilton MIL-W-46374D

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to check what the going rate is for a Hamilton MIL-W-46374D (June '88) that is good condition? Everything seems correct with the watch and the seller is asking 600 USD for it. According to Ned Fredrick's site, in this condition it's been seen at retail going for about 300? Thoughts?

They used to go for about $200 on here until last year. To be honest prices have been climbing at such an astonishing rate, that i don't think anyone seems to have any sensible ideas any more. I still think $600 is big money for what is a cheaply made watch.

Quote Originally Posted by CameraJoe View Post
    They used to go for about $200 on here until last year. To be honest prices have been climbing at such an astonishing rate, that i don't think anyone seems to have any sensible ideas any more. I still think $600 is big money for what is a cheaply made watch.
    I agree with you on that. 600 is way too steep given the watch. Thanks for the insight though!

Quote Originally Posted by CameraJoe View Post
    I totally agree with Camera Joe. I would give maybe $300 for one in perfect condition, but there are so many of them around and although they are cool little watches, they are hardly specimens of what you'd call haute horology. Also, Ned's site is still the benchmark, but I do not know if he has kept the current market values up to date.

One other thought -- consider a later GG-W-113 with the thin font. Most of the market doesn't seem to recognize the difference between the thin and thick fonts on this particular watch and you can get a really nice looking one for around 300 bucks.

Good luck.

Myron

I sold a perfect example earlier in the year for $300. It went to a member here. If I had placed it on eBay, I would have set a BIN of $400 and it probably would have sold at the BIN price. Prices on military watches have been on a steady climb for last 5 years or so.

Default D

Yup, that one....

I bought a totally NOS complete with box and instruction sheet earlier in the year for 250.

I purchased it, made an offer $170.00 below the asking/starting price, seller accepted.
    The watch is in immaculate pristine like new condition, appears to have never been worn.
    Keeps time perfectly.
    This is my 1st. post in the MWR forum.