Thread: WWII German Army Watches -- Are they legit?

Default WWII German Army Watches -- Are they legit?

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum, and was hoping I could get help regarding two pieces I just acquired. This is not really my domain as I am not necessarily a watch collecter, but I am very much a WWII collector. I bought two service watches, and was curious what you all thought as to their originality. They are both Swiss watches, and my understanding is that they were contracted out and issued to German troops during WWII. They both have the Dienstuhr Heer (DH) abbreviations and serial numbers on the back. The first is a Helma face with a Glycine movement. It came out of Ukraine. The second is a Glycine face with a Glycine movement (AS 1130). It came out of Bulgaria. I'm pretty sure the hands on both watches aren't original (just visually), but I do not know enough to comment on the rest. I've attached some pictures, please let me know what you think! I can take more pictures if necessary. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/yWJf4

Default inserted images

Thanks Dave.... The dumb newbie in me couldn't figure out how to post images.... Any input on the watches though?

GLYCINE :
    except hands and crown , your Glycine seems to be original .
    Check if inside the bottom there are letters " CB ".

HELMA :
    Bottom is not correct . Usually it reports the S/N and logo of the producer ( helmet ) only .
    Considering S/N and inscriptions , yours comes from another Glycine ( check iside for letters ) .
    Helma is fitted with an AS 1130 but it should be anonym or , sometimes , with the name of the producer .
    Furthermore hands and crown are not original .
    In other words , this watch seems to be a Glycine with an Helma's dial .
    Of course , this is my opinion !

Be careful when buying in East Europe !!