Thread: Military 70's Timex (auction running)

Default Military 70's Timex (auction running)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322721307383...p2471758.m4704

Good Evening gents/ladies, any thoughts on this piece going on e-bay right now? Wondering what these watches are usually going for and if you believe it's genuine. Can't clearly see some of the pictures and the seller hasn't responded to my questions (yet). I'm a huge fan of these smaller classic watches and this one seems to be in (almost too??) great shape.

Thanks in advance and have a great one!

Default auction images

VINTAGE MILITARY TIMEX, Gt BRITAIN, DATE, SMALL DOT, SUPERB WORKING ORDER & CONDITION

VINTAGE MADE in GREAT BRITAIN, SMALL DOT, MID-SIZE, TRIPLE SIGNED MILITARY TIMEX with DATE FUNCTION. IN SUPERB WORKING ORDER and CONDITION.

military style would be a more appropriate description.

with the dimensions of 33mm and 16mm lugs it is probably more of a boy's watch,

but still perfectly wearable..

Very true. I love the military styling and more classic design. With it's smaller size I thought it might be a great gift for my nephew but I sadly don't know too much about the watch or it's value/worth. Thus leading me to posting my questions on here as the seller seems to be mia.

the same seller appears to have sold a shed load of these recently -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ryleebken...p2046732.m1684

crumbs! he even sold a boxed one for 180.00 -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-MI...p2047675.l2557

and another for 132.00, however 50 - 80 appears to be the norm.

if it was me then I would prefer to spend that sort of money towards a G10 etc..

Personally, I really like the style of these and have had a few pass through myhands. A touch small (for my tastes) but the dial design makes them wear quite large. I paid for/sold them for between 25-35 and there are always a few of varying quality knocking about on eBay. The full plate movement makes them a bit of a bugger to service. That said, these Timex movements, while not exactly haute horolgerie, are pretty bomb proof.

Default ouch! a very cheap strap with a free watch!

Vintage military type DATE watch TIMEX GB SERVICED & TIMED 1974 m25 A.F.0210

Price: 85.00 GBP - Buy It Now

BAND - 16MM STANDARD MENS FULLY ADJUSTABLE GREEN PULL THROUGH GENUINE AIR FORCE ISSUE LIGHT USE RARE BLACK BUCKLE AND RETAINERS

I had a very similar Timex that I bought in 1967 and later had a tour in Vietnam and later Okinawa, 1969 through 1971. The only thing different, if I am remembering correctly was that it had no date feature? The watch worked perfectly in the heat, humidity and rain. Does anyone from that "era" remember a Timex of that type bought in the US? I have seen the same Timex depicted on Ebay before as well.

Regards,
    Don

This reminds me of a saying a long established watch repairer friend once told me: "The best and most reliable watches are those he doesn't get to see..." and he didn't to see many Timex or Smiths-Empire/Ingersolls! They were honest, reliable watches which did their job.... albeit briefly! The ridiculously high prices these 'survivors' now fetch is truly bonkers!