Thread: What else would you recommend for a Prs-29b fan on a budget? Newbie question...

Default What else would you recommend for a Prs-29b fan on a budget? Newbie question...

Newbie looking for ideas guys. So I have been collecting for a few years and recently got a 29b from a member here. I am more active on WUS but this seems the place for good ideas of this type. I would be interested and grateful to know of others in this vein. I know about Smiths and Precista, CWC and marathon. Not looking for a chrono....I have seen some of the older Omegas and Longins mil watches but they look so rough for the price.

Here is my set so you have an idea. I'm ok with a vintage suggestion but not something beat up. Patina only goes so far with me especially on the hands.

PRS-53 would fit right in next to the PRS-29... vintage aesthetic with modern build quality.

Right, I've looked at other Precista and Smiths models. I found a Zeno 53 but don't like the jet on the dial. Others I have found are in pretty poor shape for a 10 or so year old watch. Good idea though. I keep running through the major and even micro brands, I just don't find much that is...on the more tasteful, reserved and timeless side. Too much bling and size in the market for me so I just try to keep a running wish list of definite maybes.

So far the list is short.
    I like the Oris 65, sure this Prs-53 is nice too so add that to the list.. Maybe a Speedbird....I keep watching.
    Maybe a CWC GS or the like.

That Longines COSD (the white) is cool and the Eterna Military 1939 reissue is attractive. Seems most of the watches here people get really excited about are chronos and though they are fun to look at, I won't use the function and the complications drive up costs to buy and maintain.
    Last edited by parsig9; 09-12-2017 at 15:35.

Hey Parsig,

Hamilton seems conspicuous by its absence in your collection. You could pick up a nice 9721 as a modern 6B placeholder, or a Pilot Pioneer Auto Chrono as a stand-in for a vintage 6BB 7733 chrono.

You have a great collection going there. Good luck with your future path, wherever it leads you.

Myron

Thanks for that Myron! The 9721 is a great suggestion.