Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Heuer Bundeswehr help needed

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default Heuer Bundeswehr help needed

    Hi, i am in the market for a 1550 and i found a nice one, but it has this case, have searched a lot of forums and not found a case with only 6645-12-340-9456 NSN number engraved ?
    /Sven
    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default

    [IMG][/IMG]

  3. #3
    Senior Member papazulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    1,355
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thanks for helping !!

    Maybe i need new glasses i cant se a single one with only the 6645-12-340-9456 NSN number engraved, can you show me a picture of that ?
    /Sven

  5. #5

    Default

    there are several. Here are two. Simply google "Heuer 6645-12-340-9456" and they all come up. It's simply a later issue / stores number.

    https://shop.analogshift.com/products/heuer-bundeswehr
    https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/a...2-a4f300e8d4ff

  6. #6
    Senior Member river rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montana USA
    Posts
    2,892

    Default

    I think what worries him no bund marking just the issue number

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    I think what worries him no bund marking just the issue number
    That's correct, i have seen many with BUNDESWEHR 6645-12-146-3774 crossed out and then re-issued 6645-12-340-9456.
    I have not found any with only 6645-12-340-9456 same as the photo attached in top.

    /Sven

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 308_Helb View Post
    That's correct, i have seen many with BUNDESWEHR 6645-12-146-3774 crossed out and then re-issued 6645-12-340-9456.


    /Sven
    I used to have one with this exact arrangement. As others will attest, the "BUNDESWEHR" engraving can vary and takes several different forms.

    OP, do you have any other pictures of the watch?

    Myron

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Seller tells the watch is serviced and keep time + 3 sec a day.

    It's has 1550SG at 6
    and 34X XXX at 12
    [IMG] [/IMG]

  10. #10

    Default

    As stated, Heuer BUNDs can be found with many correct variations, including dial and markings. These have been produced in large quantities throughout many years and maintained. Still being used by the Bundeswehr if not mistaken. Therefore having just the MSN number if fully correct. And speaking from memory, this particular one, the one in question, is correct for a Sinn refurbished unit. The dial is a correct no "T" version.

    Happy to be corrected but looks correct to me.

    Cheers

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CÚsar Criado View Post
    As stated, Heuer BUNDs can be found with many correct variations, including dial and markings. These have been produced in large quantities throughout many years and maintained. Still being used by the Bundeswehr if not mistaken. Therefore having just the MSN number if fully correct. And speaking from memory, this particular one, the one in question, is correct for a Sinn refurbished unit. The dial is a correct no "T" version.

    Happy to be corrected but looks correct to me.

    Cheers
    I am in agreement with CÚsar. OP, I'd say if the price works for you, this would be a nice watch.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 308_Helb View Post
    Seller tells the watch is serviced and keep time + 3 sec a day.

    It's has 1550SG at 6
    and 34X XXX at 12
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    fully refurbished ( dial hands and bezel) with a freshly reprinted NSN number. Seems to be correct indeed for a refurbished example, but no vintage look at all. Not my personal taste but I am not the buyer.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Drag°r, Denmark
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thank you for your second opinion and comments!
    The seller is a good guy, so would try to buy this one.
    /Sven

  14. #14
    Member Lange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    185

    Default

    good luck Sven - Danish?

    what is the general consensus on the 6-digit serial numbers; only found on the Sinn/non-trit watches or also found on watches with the older dials?

    /Lars

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lange View Post
    good luck Sven - Danish?

    what is the general consensus on the 6-digit serial numbers; only found on the Sinn/non-trit watches or also found on watches with the older dials?

    /Lars
    My Sinn-dialed 1550 SG has a four digit s/n.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •