Thread: Question on the military (aviator) watch Era Watch Co

Lightbulb Question on the military (aviator) watch Era Watch Co

Hello friends!))Help please with determination of these clock of Senna.
    As far as I know, Senna trademark owned by Era Watch Co. SA Biel, Schweiz; registriert am 27.5.1931/
    Who in general that did hear about this brand of Senna, and is it possible to attribute them to the military and aviators watches?
    Just interested in your opinion, could in the 30 years of the last century still use the cylinder movement in watch?Any your opinions will be interesting.
    Thank you in advance and I hope for your reply.)) With respect to you))

Hi and wellcome,
    this kind of watches were sort of fashion watches of the pre war era. Some were indeed used by the military. This one has a rather poor movement which makes it inappropriate for military use.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by east Al View Post
    Hi and wellcome,
    this kind of watches were sort of fashion watches of the pre war era. Some were indeed used by the military. This one has a rather poor movement which makes it inappropriate for military use.
    Regards,
    Thanks for the answer. About something like this I expected)
    Regards

I'm a big fan of this type of watch and I do believe they were popular and in "fashion" at one time. But the lack of publicity or ads seems to prove otherwise. Lets see them if you have them. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotswatch View Post
    I'm a big fan of this type of watch and I do believe they were popular and in "fashion" at one time. But the lack of publicity or ads seems to prove otherwise. Lets see them if you have them. Please.
    I do not quite understand your phrase"Lets see them if you have them." I'm sorry, but English is not my mother tongue. Yes, my watches. I have a watchmaker for maintenance. If you would like to see a more detailed photo, now it's unfortunately impossible. Regards

I think pilotwatch is just encouraging those mwr members that might also have these types of watches.

Sorry for not being clear enough, I'd like to see Ads or publicity from magazines or newspapers from that era showing these
    "in fashion" watches.

Unfortunately about this brand, except for the microlisk in general, no information. Just a ghost, somehow)) I wanted to send a request to Edox, the receiver of the Era trademark, but unfortunately on the official site only their phone. I understand that the email through the site can not be contacted with them . Can someone tell me how to do it. It would be great))

Companies really don't like the public contacting them, so pretty much a majority don't have a direct email to avoid this. Some also don't have a phone number

Edox actually operates under the Era brand company

I would suggest writing a letter, but very tiny brand information gets lost over the years, so you might not get what your hoping for

Montres Edox et Vista SA
    2714 Les Genevez Suisse

Regards

DON

Most of the ERA watches I've seen were from the 30s. I used to buy them for the wife as ERA "Equal Rights Amendment". The ones I've seen were all fine quality movements, no pin levers.

Thank you all for the answers guys. Indeed, everything is a little strange. Well, there should not be such a movement in the watch for pilots.It is a pity that there is no information about this brand at all.