Thread: Non-*** 100m g10?

Default Non-*** 100m g10?

Hey All,

I am trying to uncover a nice, clean faced daily wear watch in the g10 tradition. The weight of my wallet prevents me from being a collector so while I am open to vintage watches (quartz or mechanical, no preference) I won''t fuss too much about aesthetic wear.

There would seem to be a great many options, but The problem is that I spend a good deal of time in a canoe or otherwise mucking around in shallow water. From the sounds of it, folks seem to believe that 100m WR is the minimum reliable depth for surface swimming (without individual pressure testing) but I haven't found too many w10/g10 watches that claim 100m other than some of the offerings from ***.

I would like to avoid *** due to all the regular complaints - but with $100-200 in ready money I'm hoping for some alternative suggestions that I can afford to jump on.

Thanks ahead of time.
    This is a pretty solid information resource and community.

Seiko

Which Seiko Petah?

I'm after exactly the same thing as the OP - ~37mm size, G10 styled, legible & 100m+ water resistance for use in a kayak/boat. I am toying with a CWC GS sapphire but they come in at 289 (~$400).....

Seiko Military with a MOD dial and hand set... But I say save your $$ and buy what you really want.

The Precista PRS10 re-issue by Timefactors. Now out of production but they come up from time to time, especially on TZ-UK (but you'll need to be quick when they do).

Thanks everyone.

Any choice suggestions if I do, indeed - save and stretch the budget a bit?