Thread: July, 2002…

Default July, 2002…

I became a MWRine 15 years ago this month even though I had been lurking sporadically prior to joining the Forum. Those were great time at MWR; “the Billy” and I joined just a week apart. The “unplugged” of those days was crammed packed will all sorts of interesting posts. Bob posted lots of images of motorcycles, ski trips to Germany, pretty girls, etc. etc. Richard always had a lot a tantalizing posts and there were lively and entertaining stories from guys like “Bill”, “Ghostdog”,“OCD” and so many more. The PX had 50 or more posts a day with mil and mil-style watches for sale from $30 to $3000 or more. It was a great place and a great time and I miss it a lot. Patrick in Nashville

Default July 2017

for those of us who would like to reminisce the Network54 BroadArrow Unplugged archives are still available to view here -

http://www.network54.com/Forum/73986

this was a great thread if you fancy a tour -

http://www.network54.com/Forum/73986...e+silo+complex

Last edited by dave; 07-28-2017 at 13:58. Reason: added image.

2002 for me as well (passive lurker), I remember well the banter of those times along with the calendar project, MWR CCG watch project and purchasing my first Marathon SAR from the host watch sales page...
    Great Times!
    msa6712
    Z-7

2001 for me. A very great time indeed!

I must admit "SAR Lover" was one of my favorites.
    Best Regards,
    Alan

Default ouch..

Glad I got a few with good prices out of the PX before vintage and military issued watch prices got really out of hand. Here are a few of my best deals a Tudor snowflake that doubled in price and my Benrus type II that also double in price I still have. Just wished I bought more years ago and joined the forum sooner not a lot of stuff pops up for sale any more or at fair prices any more.

I think I joined at or around 2002.i know it was before my first OIF Tour because I wore my SAR which I bought directly from Bob. Is he still around?
    From what little I’ve read today a lot has changed. Have the PC Police taken over?

I miss those early days of the forum too Patrick. There were a lot of posts on modding this or that. Bill Yao was a regular poster with some of his military inspired MKII mods, Billy Schorr was interested in collecting and reproducing Olongapo bracelets (I still have one of his early ones done by a jeweler in NM), and you could still pick up a nice 5513 or Tudor for a price that wouldn't land you in divorce court. There was a lot of interesting info being uncovered about mil watches and some fun to be had along the way.
    Tom