Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WW2 RAF CLOCK

Default WW2 RAF CLOCK

I have a S&M 1939 RAF Mess Clock, Large Chain Fusee movement. It has RAF Badge engraved on Silvered Dial. Can hardly wait to pick up Round top version i've been given ,it's pictured on page 175 of "British Military Timepieces". I believe this Round top model is quite rare and the cases for these were made from English Dial back boxes. Perhaps one of you knows more and could enlighten me (and others). These two Clocks will make a nice pair standing side by side on my window sill.

We like photo's would like to see it IMGUR a good site to use to post photo's here.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    We like photo's would like to see it IMGUR a good site to use to post photo's here.
    I am 80 first week in August, I have tried to post pictures several times. I find it impossible to do, it can't be easy as there are always posts from others expressing same problems with pictures. with all these whizz kids about why O why can't someone come up with a simple and foolproof solution to this obvious problem. If You or MWR give me your email addresses I do know how to send Pictures by email.
    I am to pick up Round top RAF Clock on my way home from Cancer clinic on 27th July. Regards, Ged' .

I will be 60 next year Imgur seemed more easy than photobucket. When I went to school we did not have computers so I am in your shoes also and just learned by buying a coputer and figuring how the dam thing works. I remember the first computer I saw the green screen with floppy disk when in the Navy and I was a Boatswains Mate so never learned how to use one in the Navy. I can do photo's on how Imgur works if you want and PM them to you if you want. I am a old dog and I learned remember that saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks I proved that wrong.

I will be 60 next year Imgur seemed more easy than photobucket. When I went to school we did not have computers so I am in your shoes also and just learned by buying a coputer and figuring how the dam thing works. I remember the first computer I saw the green screen with floppy disk when in the Navy and I was a Boatswains Mate so never learned how to use one in the Navy. I can do photo's on how Imgur works if you want and PM them to you if you want. I am a old dog and I learned remember that saying you can't teach a old dog new tricks I proved that wrong.
    Please help me all you can, I would love to post Pictures. Off Topic, I had a Burger and a Coke Float in Cooke City 12 yrs ago, is that far from you ?.

Sent you a PM with photo's I hope I explained it right I am not the brightest when it comes to computers I just get by. Let me know if you got the PM you post count mite be to low yet to receive PM's

Sent you a PM with photo's I hope I explained it right I am not the brightest when it comes to computers I just get by. Let me know if you got the PM you post count mite be to low yet to receive PM's
    Hello, I had a look for PM, can't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hut27 View Post
    Hello, I had a look for PM, can't find anything.

go to Notifications (top right) or Private Messages (top left)

With your mouse move the arrow and click message. You can also reply by clicking that when you open my message. I can also post a photo of your clock for you if you know how to send a photo in a email to me but I will only PM you my email address for security so let me know if you figured the PM message on the forum works.

I have sent Pictures of my S&M RAF Clock to email address provided by I assume was a MOD.

Hello All . maybe pics' are loaded , Ged

https://goo.gl/photos/Uc29TYUgQZ6zf9Tv8

maybe if you are signed in to google photos; otherwise not..

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    maybe if you are signed in to google photos; otherwise not..
    Hi All Anybody able to view at all, I thought everyone had Google access. OH Well I tried.

Hi All Anybody able to view at all, I thought everyone had Google access. OH Well I tried.
    I can see them! Stand by, and I will embed the photos into a new post.

Last edited by dave; 08-07-2017 at 05:26. Reason: removed 2 images.

The second clock from the few I saw for sale on ebay and saw on the net and from books I have on military clock ID I never seen a RAF clock with that hand set mite be wrong but mite be replacement hands ?

The second clock from the few I saw for sale on ebay and saw on the net and from books I have on military clock ID I never seen a RAF clock with that hand set mite be wrong but mite be replacement hands ?
    Hi River Rat, Page 175 of "British Military Timepieces" by Konrad Knirim, (The Bible) confirms hands are right for this model case, I have also seen another with these hands funnily enough in the USA 10yrs ago. Ged'

Quote Originally Posted by rodabod View Post
    I can see them! Stand by, and I will embed the photos into a new post.
    Many thanks for posting Pic's of my two RAF Clocks could you please show front face view of S&M Clock, I just checked it is shown in my link.

Many thanks for posting Pic's of my two RAF Clocks could you please show front face view of S&M Clock, I just checked it is shown in my link.
    please check your PM..