Thread: End of Seiko Gen 1 PriceWatch thread

Default End of Seiko Gen 1 PriceWatch thread

A while ago, fellow MWRine Seiko7A38 has announced that he is ending his "The 7A28-7120 RAF Gen 1 PriceWatch" thread, which he has run for astonishing 4 years.

Taking advantage of this space, I'd like to express my gratitude to his efforts and hard work for the past four years. I have always been amazed by his skills to search and gather information on Gen.1.

This thread has been very informative and assisted me enormously in my search for the Gen.1. To be honest, the Gen.1. I have on my wrist as I type this was acquired thanks to this thread. It gave me heads up on an auction which my usual search failed to pick up due to its unusual title.

I sure will miss reading his witty comments and analysis on each auction.

Anyhow, I'd just like to say THANK YOU! And GREAT JOB WELL DONE!
    My hat goes off to you sir!

Sincerely,

here we are -

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    The 7A28-7120 RAF Gen 1 PriceWatch thread

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums...9140083?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by SeikoRAFfan View Post
    A while ago, fellow MWRine Seiko7A38 has announced that he is ending his "The 7A28-7120 RAF Gen 1 PriceWatch" thread, which he has run for astonishing 4 years.
    O.K. I lied.

I thought it had more or less run its course, having gathered nearly 50,000 views in 4 years ....
    But I've relented - given it a temporary reprieve (for now at least). Added a couple more posts.

However, it will take a lower priority for a while. I've got a LOT of work to do on other older threads on the forum, cleaning up the mess made by PhotoBucket's ransomware placeholders.

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to know one's efforts are appreciated.
    Some day, perhaps, all watches will be made this way.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGiphyRTJ-A

Hate the damned things. I gave one to a long standing MWR member and he didn't even let me know that he'd received it or bother saying thanks. I wish I'd thrown it into the sea to be honest.
    If I had served God half as well as I have served the King, he would not have given me over to die in such a place as this

Quote Originally Posted by James K View Post
    Hate the damned things. I gave one to a long standing MWR member and he didn't even let me know that he'd received it or bother saying thanks. I wish I'd thrown it into the sea to be honest.
    Throw one my way, I'll say thanks