Thread: A few early Smiths

Default A few early Smiths

Picked these up, and about 8 more, at an auction in the States. Perhaps some of my favourite of Smiths watches, I love the early 12.15's. Have over the last 3 years diverted my collecting away from military and onto the more, well back then they were, more reasonable priced watches. Will post a few of my more rarer Smiths, when I get round to shooting them. Enjoy. Regards Simon

a href="http://s207.photobucket.com/user/create67blue/media/Smiths%20Old%20Group_zpsonkr57mj.jpg.html" target="_blank"> photo Smiths Old Group_zpsonkr57mj.jpg

A nice early collection - one for each day of the week, starting with a Sunday lie-in (top left)! Well done.
    Do you happen to know their serial numbers - any Axxx (PM if you prefer for security)

Barry

Are the hands on the top row, second from left original? They're fantastic.

Yep think the hands are original, that one had a horrible redial that I had a replacement face for, and yep luckily out of 14 there was two A series.

Sorry rodabod, read your email incorrectly, thought you' were on about the top left, the one you refer too is hopefully all original. A lovely rose gold plated one and the one that I have worn for the last few days...

They look great Simon
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)