Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mil Watch Photobucket Drama!!!!

Exactly - for years I've been using PB without any issues.
    Other forums I've posted on I've lost the images,100's of them.
    Anyway there's alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji View Post
    All this time, stuck with them so I wouldn't leave broken link trash all over the internet. So many times wanted to reorganize my library to make photos easier to find, but again didn't want to break all the links. Didn't think Photobucket would be the one to bend me over the couch.
    So, maybe thay have achieved what they wanted, it's either pay up or leave all those broken links!
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

I'm not sure why, but my photos on PB still seem to be showing up?

Here's a test.

Weird the Omega Forum must of protection so once you post there your photo's don't disappear at the whim of a photo hosting site. One protection most forum web sites should do to protect threads here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reintitan View Post
    I'm not sure why, but my photos on PB still seem to be showing up?

Here's a test.

do you do it for free or pay a little for no ads ? I can't see them doing it to paying customers.

Default Another test

Here's another photo of mine from PB.

Can anyone else see it?

Just clicked download album. And downloaded 500 mb of my images dating back 12 years.

i don't use PB these days but reading this thread just checked old stuff...all good

Mark L

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    do you do it for free or pay a little for no ads ? I can't see them doing it to paying customers.
    I think you haven't reached the limit what ever it happens to be.

Mike, I'm not paying PB anything. I've had my free account on PB since Sony closed down ImageStation back in 2008. Anyone remember that one?

Maybe they haven't activated the "no linking" on all accounts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Weird the Omega Forum must of protection so once you post there your photo's don't disappear at the whim of a photo hosting site. One protection most forum web sites should do to protect threads here.
    It could be that the uploaded image is simply cached on OF or copied locally to their hosting service. There is no way to make PB show images so the data must come from somewhere else other than PB.

Paul I read some of the quality of the photo's are lost when you down load from photobucket to your computer when you get them back from photobucket. Did that happen to yours ?

Wonder if photobucket was hacked another form of ransom ware ? Even photobucket knows 400 bucks would chase potential paying customers away ?

Seems like an odd possibility, also bearing in mind the hack-like crapness of the speedo image. Also, very odd it effects me and a few others, but clearly not everyone.

Here is another test from my account:

Weird, it now works. Seems like a half hack.

If it is an attack on PB, best thing is to wait for them to issue a notification. Either way, I would not recommend paying or following that /p500 link. I tend to think it is PB pulling our pants down.

Aaaarg what a week... WannaCryRandsome virus, now the PETYA virus, and finally Photobucket Randsome Attack. Hate IT.

Sounds like it is time to rewrite the instructions for posting images to the forum and exclude photobucket.

IAP
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

yep, all my pics have gone :-(
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Well, just looked at the offered plans...

I seem to be in the Plus 50 plan with no url 3rd party linking allowed.
    Plus 100 is 9.99 per month and allows linking. For some reason we all seem
    to be getting ads for the Plus 500 for $39.99.

So much for the "temporarily disabled".

I'd rather give MWR a reasonable amount of donation to solve the hosting problem
    and tell Photobucket to drop dead.

I am on a paid plan that expires in December, so I think my images are still visible because I'm on a contract. However, I am fully expecting that in December, when my plan expires I will also lose 3rd party hosting. My old legacy plan (Plus 20) isn't even offered anymore. Even the mid-level Plus 50 plan won't allow 3rd Party hosting. Seems like a bad decision to me!

I realize that they make their money though ads that appear on their site, and when you link a 3rd party image from the site, ads aren't shown, but jumping from $0 to $400 is crazy.

It's not ransomware as some have suggested. If you go to their site, it is clearly spelled out and if you go to the support section, all of the top questions are about 3rd party hosting and plan pricing. No conspiracy or illegal hacking here... just a poor business decision.

Seems all the forums are starting Photobucket threads... They've decimated multiple forums already.