Thread: My Sinn Military 156

Default My Sinn Military 156

Hi Community:

Need guidance on the above. I was manually winding my 156 and at about 40 winds, I sensed some slippage and the watch just went dead. Even a bit of a rotor like shake did not start it. I was made to understand that you can wind Lemania 5100 "forever" but still I was careful and cautious. Quickset day/date still works. The watch still winds smoothly I can sense but seems there is no "engagement".Anyone here can make a quick assessment and at the end of the day, can somebody point me to where it can be sent locally for repair/overhaul? I am in NYC . Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Mel

I meant Sinn 156 with L5100. Sorry and thanks for any guidance.

From my (very limited) knowledge it sounds like your mainspring either broke or came off the the barrel arbor. Please let me know if you find a competent watch repairer as my L5100 also needs a service ;(

Quote Originally Posted by DBruno View Post
    From my (very limited) knowledge it sounds like your mainspring either broke or came off the the barrel arbor. Please let me know if you find a competent watch repairer as my L5100 also needs a service ;(
    Of course Dave (Dave right?). Heard Jack of IWW is great. I know a guy in 47th Diamond District here in NYC. Called him and he said he deals with L5100. Might go there tomorrow.

This was the 156 that I sold. I did say you can wind the 5100 without worry of it breaking... Smooth barrel so you won't get that click that you doe with ETA when it's fully wound. Since he says he still feels tension, can still set time/date, moving the rotor doesn't give it life, I would think barrel arbor as well.

A jolt or a shock made it dislodge? Winding it past full wind made gave it just enough tension to dislodge? previous service didn't assembly problem? Lucky it's a 5100 and you can pop out the barrel without disassembling the whole mvmt. (Though I say do a full comprehensive service.)

If you need a very good watchmaker for LEM5100 let me know.
    I know simply the BEST in EUROPE (EU only).
    At very good (low) prices for repair.