Thread: Auction: "Military watch prototype for the German navy"

Default Auction: "Military watch prototype for the German navy"

I have my doubts. It shares the Squale case, but if it is a Bund Blancpain prototype seems odd.

Default Images were introduced

Rare Gentlemen's stainless steel divers watch, circa 1970, black dial with luminous markers and hands, date aperture, 25 jewel automatic movement, calibre CD 2873, circular case with rotating bezel, numbered to side, signed Diving Automatic 100 meters, screw down crown, case diameter measures approx 41mm, black nato strap - Believed to be a military watch prototype for the German navy. The previous owner served in Dortmund Germany in the 1970s. - same style case as the Blancpain fifty fathoms divers wrist watch
    Order of the Invisible Ethereal Electron with Crossed Wizard's Wands

Notice how they don't show a photo of the case back were you would see issue marks or the manufacture name who can make out the logo on the dial. See with the manufacture name you mite do a search and find more civilian ones and put that fake story to rest. Just another way with a fake story so squeeze more money out of bidders. Since it's civilian it's a 616 pound or 800 US is what it's worth love there high estimate see how the price jumps with a fake story.

I think GATT is our resident expert on issued SQALE

Either this or one just like it sold on ebay a while back.

its a made up story for sure, we would know with our collective knowledge about these watches, plus it would be marked if it's a German prototype and if it were marked there would be an image for sure.

I didn't see this watch on Ebay but I did see it on a notification from ""the salesroom.com" a while ago - just can not remember which auction it was in.
    Dave

Here's a photo on Pinterest. If you click it, it will take you to the original ebay listing from a few years ago.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/468726273695523266/

or maybe not in this particular case..

if someone would like to post the ebay link then I can post the images.

Sorry, I have scripts disabled so I'm able to avoid that step ;-) Here is a link to the ebay auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAGE...item2a533ce19c

But the images have been removed. The only remaining image is the one that Pinterest archived (you can see it on the left of your screenshot). When you click that one...it gives you a larger view.