Thread: Marathon GSAR no ser# or date

Default Marathon GSAR no ser# or date

Did a search about this and did not see anything on this watch.
    Last year I picked up a GSAR it was beat up and not working. I had it serviced and repaired replaced a paper thin strap. Turned out to be a great watch. One thing had me and others puzzled was no ser.# or manufacturer date. I searched and found know info. I finally came acrossed a post in a long thread about Marathon watches.
    So I took it a step further and tried contacting Marathon. They did not respond or even talk on phone about the watch.
    I did get a response back from one person and here is what he said, pretty short to the point statement.

"Yes this is a true statement..."

Nick Cassarino
    County Comm Inc.
    www.countycomm.com

So not sure why there so closed mouth about the watches. I wanted to post this for anyone else that come across one of these 200 watches. I have no idea how many survived or made in to collectors hands.
    I like the idea that this watch may have seen action in Iraq or Afghanistan. From the shape it was in it went through hell.
    Not sure if all of this makes it more collectable or valuable. Just a very cool watch with a great story.

I have one of those too - the letter indicates that the watch can't be serviced by Marathon under warranty because the warranty isn't transferable from the GSA to a civilian. However, if the warranty is expired, can't the watch be sent to Marathon for service to be paid for by a civilian - not using any warranty, which would have long since expired?

You can always send it to a good watch repair guy
    Horologist. PM me if you want the contact info for the guy I used.

Thanks - I've used Jack at IWW before with great results. I was mainly asking because I'm selling mine - like the JSAR better - but wanted to know if Marathon would service it for a fee out of warranty. I got mine new from someone in the military, so it doesn't necessarily need servicing, just curious. Thanks.

I bought a SAR back in 2011, and it was advertised alongside that letter. I always like to imagine that the missing lume triangle is still there in Afghanistan.