Thread: Well not happy with RGM

Default Well not happy with RGM

Well I just got my Sinn 103 back from service from RGM. The sweep hand was driving me nuts when you reset it would be 2-3 minute off before the twelve and would line up once in a while the main reason it needed a service. Since RGM does all factory service of Sinn in the USA I sent it off to them. It has a 7760 hand wind movement a photo after I got it back before I played with the chronograph function. Should of took one after but was pissed and packed it up for shipping back to RGM but dam it still does not reset at the twelve it's like they just slapped the hands back on and did not test it soon as I played with the chronograph function it was out of alinement. Was wondering the sweep hand could be loose and the force of reset make it get out of alinement ? so maybe just tightening the hole in the sweep hand would fix it. The part that makes me mad I had to pay for return shipping to me it's there fault they should pay both ways.

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear this. That's a beautiful 103. Hope you get it sorted soon, and thanks for sharing your experience with RGM. I've never sent anything to them but have considered it before. I'm sure they're like any other place when it comes to mechanical watch fettling -- I hear both good and not-so-good experiences with them.

Myron

We run into this problem ALL THE TIME. The 7760 has a fairly violent flyback and even on a new hand it can do this. We often have to polish a bunch of stuff to make the flyback action a little softer, so the hand doesn't drift.

RGM was Doxa's preferred warranty repair facility for awhile, had some issued with the modern Doxa watches and was advised to send them to RGM. One 750T had to go back twice to get it 100%. Outside of the warranty items, I never used them for any other service orders.
    msa6712
    Z-7

Beautiful chronograph. Sorry to hear about the service issues.

That is a dream of a Sinn 103.

Well just got a email from RGM they are reimbursing me back the cost of me shipping the Sinn 103 back to them. So looks like there customer service is improving so my hats off to RGM on that.

I have a Sinn 142 (L5100) that has the same issue and needs a service. Apart from RGM, does anyone know of watch repairer that can service this movement? TIA, and please PM if giving recommendations is against forum rules.

recommendations for and against are allowable.

Quote Originally Posted by DBruno View Post
    I have a Sinn 142 (L5100) that has the same issue and needs a service. Apart from RGM, does anyone know of watch repairer that can service this movement? TIA, and please PM if giving recommendations is against forum rules.
    Looks like you should send it to Zaf at ClassicWatch above.

Zaf has my Italian issued Lemania deck watch right now so shoot him a email or PM and see what he can do for you.

Thanks guys...I'm wearing my RGM EOT22 right now, ironically enough (hope it never needs a service!)