Thread: Introduction, a Pulsar Gen 1 and a GSTP

Default Introduction, a Pulsar Gen 1 and a GSTP

I'd just like to introduce myself, having lurked for a bit after being introduced to the site by Carlton-Browne. I recognise one or two other TZers here as well. I'm in awe of the knowledge on display. My interest in military watches is based on a random appreciation of the way some look, but I do enjoy the history of individual watches as well and I look forward to learning a lot more.

In the meantime here are the only two issued watches I own, very run of the mill but I really like them both. The GSTP was recently serviced by John Senior and is running like a dream now.

Welcome, Simon. It's nice to see you here.

Default Now with working image...

Thanks CB. I'm having another go embedding the image as I think I'm the only one who can see it...

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    I'm having another go embedding the image as I think I'm the only one who can see it...
    welcome to the MWR forum; your image is showing just fine..

Cheers Dave, thanks.

Greetings, I'm pleased to have found this thread tonight. That's a nice contrasting pair of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Greetings, I'm pleased to have found this thread tonight. That's a nice contrasting pair of watches.
    Nice to meet you again here Mr. Curta.

Nice Helvetia, now you just need the black dial variety of the same and then all the other GSTPs

I think that we could change the title to 80 years apart; also in need of a Pulsar gen 2..

I have some similar pieces in my watch box

Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Nice Helvetia, now you just need the black dial variety of the same and then all the other GSTPs
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I think that we could change the title to 80 years apart; also in need of a Pulsar gen 2..
    I have a bit of a thing for Helvetias so a good black dial with the screw on case back is on the list at some point. I do have a regular pocket watch with the same movement

I'm going to try to restrain myself on other GSTPs though! I'll stick with the Gen 1 for now, too many other nice watches to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    I have some similar pieces in my watch box
    Really nice. And you have the correct crown on your Pulsar. Mine came straight from Ramco with what I assume is a service crown, but obviously too small. I don't mind much but I have made a couple of attempts to track down the correct one.