Thread: Question on Vintage Car Clocks

Default Question on Vintage Car Clocks

Hey guys,

Looking to get pointed in the right direction from the crew here in the apparent dearth of information on the net. I am looking for information about vintage car clocks. Specifically, a friend has a key-wind clock made by the New Venus Car Clock Company. I don't have movement shots but can probably get them. He thinks it may have come from a Packard. Any insights to offer? TIA.
    JacK

“Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous.” LT Rorke, Act of Valor

Here is all I could find does have a photo that mite help other members remember any thing about it. You mite post it at the NAWCC message board.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-car-149394042
    Last edited by river rat; 04-20-2017 at 07:04.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Here is all I could find does have a photo that mite help other members remember any thing about it. You mite post it at the NAWCC message board.
    https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...-car-149394042
    Planning to do just that at Chapter 185. Was having trouble posting earlier today. Thanks for the reply.
    JacK

“Before my father died, he said the worst thing about growing old was that other men stopped seeing you as dangerous.” LT Rorke, Act of Valor

Most I've seen for Packard were Jaeger or Jaeger LeCoultre. Other cars would have Walthams. Oldsmobile put a self winding clock in the steering wheel which wound itself with the motion of the wheel.