Thread: Question about a Marathon watch, JSAR.

Default Question about a Marathon watch, JSAR.

Hi Everyone, I am hoping that someone here can help me with a small issue. I have a couple of Marathon JSAR watches and I really like them. One of them has been on my wrist for a while, the other day I noticed that the lume pip triangle was missing from the bezel insert. I contacted Marathon watches about getting a replacement but I was told I was to send in the watch with a service order.

Needless to say that I was not going to send the whole watch to Canada from the US just to get a lume pip installed.

So I am asking if there is any other way to get one of these? Anyone knows?

Thank you in advance,
    Carlo

See the sticky at the top of the page.

Jack@industrialwatchworks.com

Is your man apparently.

I am about to send my MSAR off for a service, as I am in the UK I am sending back to the factory in Switzerland. I have to say Marathon are a very customer friendly company.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Effective immediately, all Marathon Watch warranty issues will be handled by Jack Alexyon of Industrial Watch Works. Here is the company contact information:

Jack@industrialwatchworks.com

Telephone: 1.919.462.1873

Monday-Friday 0900 hours - 1700 hours Eastern Standard Time

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...rranty-Service

Thank you very much for the data. I actually thought or was told that Jack was not handling Marathon watches anymore.

Anyway, I was actually more looking for something I can do myself rather then sending the whole watch to handle a small item like the lume pip...

Default Try Nitesiters dots

Try Nitesiters dots. They're primarily intended for firearms applications but the small dots make great lume pips for watches. I've used them on several watches and prefer a small dab of clear 5 minute epoxy to affix them rather than the adhesive they come with. They glow very brightly and are comparable to green C3 lume.

Nitesiter dots are also excellent for adding lume pip on watches that otherwise wouldn't have them. I added a lume pip to my Gavox Squadron and it looks as if it were made that way.

www.nitesiters.com
    Last edited by Burgs; 04-19-2017 at 15:45.
    Cordially,
    ~Burgs

I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong... - Inspector O