Thread: Cwc crown question

Default Cwc crown question

Hi ive just bought a great 2002 CWC RN diver. Ive pressure tested it and it is water tight to 60m.
    I would like to continue using the watch for its purpose. How is the crown sealed on these? Can you replace the seal like a seiko or does one need to replace the crown? If so does it need to go back to Silvermans? Ive looked on the net but cant find the relavent answer.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by cassiedog5442; 04-14-2017 at 06:32. Reason: Miss spelling

Quote Originally Posted by cassiedog5442 View Post
    Hi ive just bought a great 2002 CWC RN diver. Ive pressure tested it and it is water tight to 60m.
    I would like to continue using the watch for its purpose. How is the crown sealed on these? Can you replace the seal like a seiko or does one need to replace the crown? If so does it need to go back to Silvermans? Ive looked on the net but cant find the relavent answer.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    The crown contains two seals, an o-ring to seal around the tube and a seal in the head of the crown to seal against the top of the tube. They are non-resealable but replacement a crown can be bought from Cousins. It's the 6.00 mm screw-down crown under product number C9041. Did it leak from the crown at 60m or was that the maximum depth tested?

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/st...rnal-screwdown

Terry

Thanks Terry. Ive seen your very interesting cwc posts. Very helpful especially as very little is written about these great divers.
    No my tester only goes to around 6 bar. Ive put a scuba computer in my tester it maxes out at 68m.
    Its definately deeper than i can dive!!
    Thank you for you help. John.