Thread: longines www

Default longines www

Anyone got a photo of the case tube? and more importantly the diameter of the case tube. picked this up today, a bit of a gamble, but thankfully the movement and interior are pristine, and importantly working. It needs a correct plexi, but bizarrely the case tube seems too big to fit any WWW crowns i have. I'm guessing it's been tinkered with.
    Even has all the lead gaskets intact.

Nice one Paul....

Regards,

Nick.

Looks very good. The tube seems to be the size of a mains water pipe. I'm sure you will correct it.

Its right Paul, The longines crown is unique. I have correct new old stock crowns & stems, glasses too, flat top or domed!
    john

That's great John. I'll take you up on the Flat Plexi and the crown John, thanks a lot. Can you email me the cost? Watch had the Stem intact (it just had the crown shaft snapped off on it, which i was able to extract). Thats great made my day

Am pleased I didn't bid against you. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    That's great John. I'll take you up on the Flat Plexi and the crown John, thanks a lot. Can you email me the cost? Watch had the Stem intact (it just had the crown shaft snapped off on it, which i was able to extract). Thats great made my day
    em sent to your ntu.ac.uk adress

Nice to Get one again, as i sold mine a couple of years ago, and sort of regretted it. I figured a UK only auction may stem some competition plus the missing crown and lack if movement photos, would put some off. I took a gamble as i saw the second hand in a different position, that it might be functional. Am having a mini www revival, from none, having got rid years ago, I now find I have a record, buren, cyma, eterna, jlc and the longines.

Congrats Paul, hope you find what you need to bring this Beauty back to life.

Nice - congrats. Boy do I wish we could have local only auctions outside of the UK on those.