Thread: Some thing incoming

Default Some thing incoming

Well took a while to do a deal for this Italian Navy Lemania pocket watch just waiting for it to ship. The sellers photo's.

Not much info on the net except some auction houses that had a little info and there prices were all over the place from low to high. Hope I did not over pay. Any one here got any info on these like year issued what the Navy used it for. Italy was one country I have not had any military watches from. There pocket watches were a little better priced than some of there issued watches. My guess it was used like a comparing watch were the Navigator set it to the ships chronometer then took the siting. But being mounted I think I am wrong there. Wonder if this Lemania movement hacks ?

Lovely Piece.....Congrats (-'

Mark
    A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

The French Navy used the same movement in there Auricoste Deck Watch
    http://ninanet.net/watches/others12/Mediums/mdecks.html

Here is a interesting thread wished I could read German. There's a Longines version also did not know about that one. This poster has four of them. Some one here must have info on these I would like to learn more. From the link did you see the size of it in his hand you can't call it a pocket watch.

http://www.vintage-time.de/index.php...FICO-R-MARINA/

Nice one river rat! Love it!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Here is a interesting thread wished I could read German.
    http://www.vintage-time.de/index.php...FICO-R-MARINA/
    Maybe you know anyway, but you can put whole URLs into google translate and it will do the whole web page for you. Go here, and paste your URL into the left side and click on translate. Set it to German to English.

https://translate.google.com/m/translate

Will give you this...

https://translate.google.com/transla...AFICO-R-MARINA

Received it today Marco was a great seller and it was well packaged double boxed so if any one is thinking of buying the other one that's a different make have no fear. FedEx was a pain they had it on clearance hold and for some reason they thought it was over 2500 and wanted my social security number had to tell them to look at the customs form that stated the price that was no were close to that did get delivered on the day it was promised a few photo's

This ones the sellers photo's did not want to scratch the case by opening it.

Wow, that's really nice Mike!
    congratulations!
    cheers, John

Who knows any thing about the Brevettato company they made the outer case for the watch.

Been a good week got this Italian Navy ships clock and these two US Navy ships plaques got two plaques for the price of one. I was on the USS Mauna Kea AE-22 they were sold as a set for less than 20 bucks that was the deal of the week. Did go on the USS Constellation once knew some body who was on it he gave me a tour of it he was on it for a few years and we still got lost on it

Woz thinkin you gonna wear it like Flavor Flav innit bro

Thats a bloody cracker !!!
    A smart man only believes half of what he hears, a wise man knows which half.

I was wondering is there any books on military timepieces with a large Italian section with deck watches and clocks or chronometers not just there wristwatches out there ? I got one book by Galizia but it's just a large section of Italian issued wristwatches. Would any of Konrad Knirim books have any Italian issued time pieces in it other than wristwatches ?

I need a little help figuring out what year this was issued I was hoping this was WW2 era but from another forum some one said 1950's era due to the movement serial numbers. One thing I notice is the Navy marks change like on other's like Istitu Idrografico R.Marina with B.C.G. on older ones and then mine below that's different can you tell what years Italian Navy issued watches were issued due to that. Like the Istitu Idrografico R.Marina B.C.G. being 1940's and mine being maybe 1950's due to the marking on the dial ? I know there issued wristwatches for there Navy had the same stuff on there dial's. So my guess if you know what decade the different marks were used you can use them to come to a close issue date.

Mounted it on a Plaque looks good that way now hanging on the wall.

Very interesting piece! Congrats

Sending it off to be checked to see if it needs a service so got the guts to pop the back to see the movement before I ship it off dam this is a nice looking movement

There is a crystal over the movement I did not know was there until I opened it up. I guess it keeps it's more weather proof. I was watching this one on Italian Ebay some one paid a little cheaper than I did but it did not have the outer case figure it's cool now to post it since the auction over.
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/B-C-G-Lemania...3D122448274151
    Last edited by river rat; 05-08-2017 at 05:22.