Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Mr. H...

Default Thanks Mr. H...

... for selling me this nice Hamilton W10. A pleasure and a true gentleman.
    Feel like a Ranchero except it fits better on my wrist and it was SO much more affordable....

that's a really nice honest watch; you can't go wrong with these..

That looks great.

I can also recommend Mr H having bought some watches from him the past year.

Joe

Yep, I bought my CWC Fatboy from Mr.H as a non-runner, true gent and pleasure to deal with. Can only add to the recommendations.

Lovely W10, enjoy it.

Thanks gents, enjoying it quite a bit

Nice strap, too . . .
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under £4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for £5. Recently their price seems to have risen to £8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    Nice strap, too . . .
    Yeah, a perfect match

Looks fantastic! Nice combo. Enjoy it in the best of health.

Cheers

Hi Sylvie

As always a pleasure, looks good on you, I like your choice of strap

Regards
    Mr.H

Thanks Cesar, thanks Mr.H - and thanks to Revo, for making such comfy straps!

Quote Originally Posted by Syrte View Post
    Feel like a Ranchero except it fits better on my wrist and it was SO much more affordable....
    Think so?

not anywhere near it, as you can see on mine
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by papazulu View Post
    Think so?

It doesn't look anywhere near the white ones, but when I first tried one on it felt like a good substitute for a black one.
    Even though I'll grant you there are a number of significant differences

Nice example by the way.

It doesn't look anywhere near the white ones, but when I first tried one on it felt like a good substitute for a black one.
    Even though I'll grant you there are a number of significant differences

Nice example by the way.
    Thanks
    Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
    Sir Winston Churchill

As always Jimmy you put me in awe with what you have. Well done syrte on the new addition.

Sylvie

That's a fine acquisition .

Jimmy

Can you tell me where you got the strap for that please? I'm looking for a couple of straps like that and I'm hoping that, like me, you're too tight to pay Camille Fournet prices.

Quote Originally Posted by papazulu View Post
    Think so?

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    As always Jimmy you put me in awe with what you have. Well done syrte on the new addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Sylvie

Jimmy

Can you tell me where you got the strap for that please? I'm looking for a couple of straps like that.
    Thanks gents! Jimmy's collection is quite astounding for sure.
    Alan, if you like straps like these I recently stumbled on Ebay on a seller offering JPM (Jean Paul Menicucci), and there are similarly styled straps (but cheaper) at "bandrbands". Finally there's an Italian craftsman called Massimiliano who sells really nice saffiano calf straps on Chronotrader. Not cheap and I've never bought from them but still much cheaper than Hodinkee, Bulang & Sons and/ or Camille Fournet. Massimiliano's are $75 IIRC.

Also these guys :
    http://m.ebay.fr/itm/20mm-ColaReb-SPOLETO-STITCHING-swamp-Italian-Vintage-genuine-leather-watch-band-/272589579821?hash=item3f779ae62d%3Ag%3APrsAAOSwvg9 Xe3W7&_trkparms=pageci%253Af6a4bd48-1c8c-11e7-a910-74dbd1809c31%257Cparentrq%253A4eec026615b0a350d8e2 7773fffe1f58%257Ciid%253A16
    They probably could do whatever you like, they used to make flat ostrich open ended straps for example and had once told me i could order any size and specs I wanted. (I never did but wouldn't mind trying).
    Last edited by Syrte; 04-08-2017 at 12:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Sylvie

Jimmy

Can you tell me where you got the strap for that please? I'm looking for a couple of straps like that and I'm hoping that, like me, you're too tight to pay Camille Fournet prices.
    It came with the watch when I bought it at auction (Watches of Knightsbridge)

Quote Originally Posted by foilguy View Post
    Paul, you probably passed my house when you drove back from Berlin...I said you could pop in for a coffee and a shufti

Jimmy
    Sir Winston Churchill

I have one of these Hamiltons., and I sold one 18months ago for £150. They seem to have shot up in price recently, I don't know why.

Alan, if you like straps like these I recently stumbled on Ebay on a seller offering JPM (Jean Paul Menicucci), and there are similarly styled straps (but cheaper) at "bandrbands". Finally there's an Italian craftsman called Massimiliano who sells really nice saffiano calf straps on Chronotrader. Not cheap and I've never bought from them but still much cheaper than Hodinkee, Bulang & Sons and/ or Camille Fournet. Massimiliano's are $75 IIRC.

Also these guys :
    http://m.ebay.fr/itm/20mm-ColaReb-SP...257Ciid%253A16
    They probably could do whatever you like, they used to make flat ostrich open ended straps for example and had once told me i could order any size and specs I wanted. (I never did but wouldn't mind trying).
    Thanks, Sylvie.

Just to add something to this; there is a German strap manufacturer called Kaufmann who make a Saffiano pattern strap (they call it their Sellier range). I've just bought one in a light tan for €39 and I'm very pleased with it. I have been working myself up to buying one of Massimiliano's next - the fact that he doesn't offer light tan has been slowing me down.