Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega re-releasing its Trilogy Collection at BaselWorld 2017

Default Omega re-releasing its Trilogy Collection at BaselWorld 2017

Railmaster (CK2914)

Listen for the train sounds in the background.

https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn....48317440_n.mp4

Seamaster 300 (CK2913)

Listen for the bubble and scuba air compressor sounds in the background.

https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn....68312576_n.mp4

Speedmaster (CK2915)

This video hasn't been released yet on their instagram account but it's already been leaked somewhere else. Check out these photos taken from the video.

http://www.watchprosite.com/omega/om...18863.8485603/

I likee

Here's the Railmaster. Imagine if Omega did a '53 TA re-issue along these lines

Saw this on another forum, here is the Speedy. Not sure if this is accurate info but it is a fine looking watch with a Base 1000 bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Saw this on another forum, here is the Speedy. Not sure if this is accurate info but it is a fine looking watch with a Base 1000 bezel.
    I love how the crown is out there all by itself. I had a 3594.50 for a while and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was a little difficult to wind because the crown was totally protected by the case. Otherwise it was a brilliant watch. Omega would have my full attention for this new Speedy if I didn't suspect that the asking price would be $6k - $8k. Time will tell though, and of course second hand will probably be the way to go.

Any guesses on whether the crystal will be plastic or sapphire?

Myron

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Not sure if this is accurate info but it is a fine looking watch with a Base 1000 bezel.
    And DON. That's got to be worth $3000 on its own!

https://omegaforums.net/threads/don-...d-shape.52462/

Does this mean, then, that the SM 300 vintage reissue will be discontinued? (The dial and furniture for the RM - and presumably the SM - are more or less the same but the movement will be switched to Omega's hyped-up METAS grade). The 8400 coaxial seems to sweat it to hit COSC standards so it wouldn't surprise me if it's ditched altogether. A convenient anniversary for Omega's marketing department.

Regards,

Martin (isologue)

I wish they'd put sword hands on the SM.
    "Early this year I saw ex-army watches exhibited in a showcase at a little under 4 each. A week or two later I succeeded in buying one of them for 5. Recently their price seems to have risen to 8." (George Orwell, "As I Please", Tribune, 29th November 1946)

Quote Originally Posted by Myron View Post
    I love how the crown is out there all by itself. I had a 3594.50 for a while and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was a little difficult to wind because the crown was totally protected by the case. Otherwise it was a brilliant watch. Omega would have my full attention for this new Speedy if I didn't suspect that the asking price would be $6k - $8k. Time will tell though, and of course second hand will probably be the way to go.

Any guesses on whether the crystal will be plastic or sapphire?

Myron
    The 60th Anniversary Speedmaster has a proper hesalite (acrylic) crystal. Asking price is $6,750/CHF 6,700
    The 60th Anniversary Seamaster 300 has a sapphire crystal. Asking price is $6,540/CHF 6,500
    The 60th Anniversary Railmaster has a sapphire crystal. Asking price is $6,340/CHF 6,300
    The Trilogy Box set of all three watches is CHF 21,600

I've already put in an order for the Railmaster at the Omega boutique. This is my favorite watch at Basel this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Revo View Post
    I wish they'd put sword hands on the SM.
    I'm going to make a prediction and say that will be seen in a future reissue of the model 165.024 SM300. Maybe next year's Baselworld.

This year's SM300 reissue is for the reference CK 2913-1 from 1957 (the first SM300 model).

Quote Originally Posted by isologue View Post
    Does this mean, then, that the SM 300 vintage reissue will be discontinued? (The dial and furniture for the RM - and presumably the SM - are more or less the same but the movement will be switched to Omega's hyped-up METAS grade). The 8400 coaxial seems to sweat it to hit COSC standards so it wouldn't surprise me if it's ditched altogether. A convenient anniversary for Omega's marketing department.

Regards,

Martin (isologue)
    I haven't heard the regular production model SM300 will be discontinued. The 60th Anniversary SM300 is a "limited edition" of 3,557 units and is 39 mm in diameter (same as the original CK 2913).

The regular production modern SM300 is 41 mm in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reintitan View Post
    I haven't heard the regular production model SM300 will be discontinued. The 60th Anniversary SM300 is a "limited edition" of 3,557 units and is 39 mm in diameter (same as the original CK 2913).

The regular production modern SM300 is 41 mm in diameter.
    Thanks for this - seems a lot of effort for an LE but I like the original SM 300 bezel and wish they had used it in the first place (although not in aluminium). Those prices are harsh, too, but Rolex seems to have split into 'straight-out bling' (Rolex) and 'toolie' (Tudor), with the latter becoming more interesting. (Would it have killed Rolex to do the stainless steel Pepsi GMT? Seems so). In this year's flurry of 'new' vintage reissues, I think I prefer the Autavia but maybe I'm just being cheap (relatively speaking)..

Regards,

Martin (isologue)

Quote Originally Posted by isologue View Post
    In this year's flurry of 'new' vintage reissues, I think I prefer the Autavia
    Until you put it beside the original

Quote Originally Posted by Hentaiboy View Post
    Thanks for that - makes for an interesting comparison and a contrast with Omega's reissues. I suppose it comes down to personal thinking: Omega have carefully reproduced the look of the originals but put a modern engine in them (so are they - potentially ugly word - 'replicas'?); TAG Heuer have updated the design and put a modern engine in (having sought advice from the vintage collecting community I understand) and produced a reworking of the original (like the production Omega SM 300 reissue). You pay your own money and make your own choice in the end.

Regards,

Martin (isologue)

Quote Originally Posted by Hentaiboy View Post

That aweful fat bezel........sigh.

Omega has done a great job with these reissue. Love the trilogy box set.

Hats off to them. Lovely, anyone seen the video?

Since seeing that video this morning I'm in love with that Seamaster 300.

If I didn't have the Speedy Tuesday reserved this would be my ambition for this year

Omega blotted their copy book on the boxed set though. Each watch has "Trilogy + xxx" written on the dial.